Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Button sanitization suggestions

Can't handle the bacon

Itt we make helpful suggestions in preparation for the inevitable shitstorm that will force this forum to engage in widespread sanitization of "problematic" buttons that "spread dangerous misinformation" by serving as "racist dog-whistles" and rallying calls for "white rage and bigotry/supremacy". Not to mention a flagrant promotion of potentially triggering -ist and -phobic content.

We've already seen similar things when "you have issues" got changed to "someone has issues" because it was ToO dIrEcT aNd aGgReSSiVe, and the rainbow button got changed from an already euphemistic "fabulous" to "fabulously optimistic".

Let's prepare some suggestions in advance, so they can be implemented as soon as needed:

"absolutely haram" -> "absolutely harambe" and the image swapped for a gorilla head
"how dare you?!" -> image swapped for a generic goblin child (Greta Thunberg is a registered trademark of the World Economic Forum, WHO and Monsanto)
"Deus Vult" -> removed entirely (such euro-centric bigotry cannot be tolerated in a multicultural society of good global citizens)
"retardred" -> "Trump-supporter", in order to stop ableist bigotry, and also to speak truth to power
"honk honk" -> image of a happy clown, pepe the frog is a racist dog-whistle
"begone thot!" -> "begone, toxic masculinity!"
"consume product" -> "soy kibble is actually good for you"
"(autism)" -> "you are perfect just the way you are"
"cuck" -> "non-monogamous relationships are valid"
"bro, do you even lift?!" -> "friend, are you even vaxxed?!"
"cool story bro" -> "cool story, sir and/or madam"
"brofist" -> "peoplefist"
"cheers!" -> "mazel tov!"

And can we please, please, FINALLY implement a pronouns section under each profile? It's [CURRENT_YEAR] ya'll, wtf is wrong with your priorities?! We are a community!

Last edited by a moderator:

fork

Greta Thunberg is a registered trademark of the World Economic Forum, WHO and Monsanto

I loled, but also stopped reading right there.

Gastrick

Cipher
The button are already sanitized:

"It's the kikes" -> "It was aliens"
"faggot" -> "fabulously optimistic"
"Heil Hitler!" -> "racist"
"Kill yourself" -> "Edgy"
"Fried Chicken" (with KFC box .jpg) -> gone entirely
Numerous others -> gone entirely

fork

:negative:

agris

Arcane
Patron

:kfc:

Gastrick

Cipher
I remember reading that Infinitron temporarily deleted that icon and was going to have it removed forever.

Edit: Have been searching for the post but it eludes me. Hopw roewr ne if no one remembers.

Last edited:

Semiurge

Cipher
no.png
will mean "Yes" and
yes.png
will mean "No"
BrokenImage.png
"Whatever you posted didn't feel like loading right now"
rating_negativeman.png
"Comfortable numbness"

Peachcurl

Cipher
tldr.png
-> "This text is not too long for me to read, which I am able to, and I am not insinuating that anyone else around here is an analphabet. But please think of the ESL's, and restrict your writing to short and concise sentences. Much appreciated."

Can't handle the bacon

tldr.png
-> "This text is not too long for me to read, which I am able to, and I am not insinuating that anyone else around here is an analphabet. But please think of the ESL's, and restrict your writing to short and concise sentences. Much appreciated."
Needs more words.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom