Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

I am still adventuring through BBI. For the most part I can do solid damage to everything, but I still routinely encounter rather ordinary foes that I can barely scratch. For example, there are slow wailing zombies that even fire and holy take forever to harm, or some spellcasting goblins that I could only do significant damage to by force pushing them off a ledge.

I had a fun fight with a gold and silver knight duo, another spawned elder ogre, and something that seemed a cross between and ogre and cyclopes. I am now at a boss that is an undead priest with a pet undead dragon. I can't seem to damage the priest, but he doesn't pose much threat. The pet dragon can one-shot me, but I can typically kill it <30 seconds anyway. I think I will be able to figure out this fight without having to change skills. I hope so at least. I don't want to do the back tracking just for that.

Stoned Ape

Savant
I am still adventuring through BBI. For the most part I can do solid damage to everything, but I still routinely encounter rather ordinary foes that I can barely scratch. For example, there are slow wailing zombies that even fire and holy take forever to harm, or some spellcasting goblins that I could only do significant damage to by force pushing them off a ledge.

I had a fun fight with a gold and silver knight duo, another spawned elder ogre, and something that seemed a cross between and ogre and cyclopes. I am now at a boss that is an undead priest with a pet undead dragon. I can't seem to damage the priest, but he doesn't pose much threat. The pet dragon can one-shot me, but I can typically kill it <30 seconds anyway. I think I will be able to figure out this fight without having to change skills. I hope so at least. I don't want to do the back tracking just for that.
Failing anything else more sensible, it's entirely possible to kill the undead bishop if you chuck a lot of Throwblasts at him. I think it's possible to kill just about everything in the game with them if you carry enough of them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom