Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ghost of Tsushima - open world game set in feudal Japan

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you still buy stuff from Sony you deserve all the shit you get.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Sony is doing this to cover their ass and not have a PR repeat of Helldivers 2, but it's also the right thing to do. You cannot knowingly sell a product that's going to be partially non-functional since these countries cannot create a PSN account aka cannot engage with the MP aspect. That's opening yourself up to a legal shitstorm. I'm just glad Steam is on the level with refunds yet again. Imagine having two games in a row from the same publisher facing significant refunds over the same problem. It's time to start asking questions, Dave Gaben.

Why would anyone want to play Ghost of Tsushima in multiplayer? Sony being tards on this, should've released just the single player version in those countries.

ADL

Prophet
Legends is really fun actually. I did the raid with a friend. I'd be pissed if I couldn't play it because of their stupid network account system not supporting my territory.

Modron

Arcane
Legends is really fun actually. I did the raid with a friend. I'd be pissed if I couldn't play it because of their stupid network account system not supporting my territory.
They'll eventually shut down the mp component without fail probably inside a decade. A lot of asscreed games had mp modes as well.

It's not just Sony, they are all doing this stupid shit. Third party launchers INSIDE of a third party launcher (Steam), extra accounts to sign up for, loading screens with like 30 companies logos, connecting to server for single player games when launching AND exiting the game, always on online connections, etc.

Remember back in the day you launched a PC game, and 2 seconds later, you were playing it? Now, I usually click on the icon, and go to do something else.

Actually it's so bad now, games are actually getting mods to remove loading and intro screens.

And you know it's only a matter of time before they start using intro/loading screens to run ads and commercials.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom