Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

DemonKing

Arcane
Especially modern multiplayer games seem to suffer from a lack of serious themes.
The ridiculous avatar and weapon skins really ruin the immersion. I wish they'd offer an option for "realistic skins" so you wouldn't have to see multiple copies of some popstar with a bright pink AK47 running around your gritty war arena but I guess then the idiots that paid money for their skins would whinge because anyone not spending extra money would probably turn them off. The last WW2 COD was ruined because your skin's nationality was completely irrelevant to whether you were on the Axis or Allies team and then after a couple of seasons there was idiocy like Snoop Dog running around in Berlin 1945. I also prefer limited weapon selection based on faction which is another realism-destroying issue. Female soldiers on the frontline outside of a few very specific cases also makes it hard to enjoy something when your preference is grit/semi-realism, particularly for games in historical settings.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom