Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Grand Theft Auto VI - PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S (Fall 2025)

Caim

Arcane
Only way I'm interested in this is once I see gameplay and have more info on features.
Read a leak a while ago that claimed that R* had changed the mission structure allowing for player freedom, approach, choices, bringing back a lot of stuff from SA, stealth playstyle now being an actual and viable gameplay style, stats etc.
I'm very curious about these. Obviously I have no expectations whatsoever.
It's so weird how they seem to be unable on a technical level I would assume, to bring back literally the 1 to 1 features from SA into their HD games era. It would not hurt the games at all. We stay happy with the gameplay and activities and everything else and the movie going idiots stay happy with their UHD XXk resolution graphics, story, voice acting, characters, narrative, music etc.
Ah yes, my favorite immersive simulator.

San Andreas.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Only way I'm interested in this is once I see gameplay and have more info on features.
Read a leak a while ago that claimed that R* had changed the mission structure allowing for player freedom, approach, choices, bringing back a lot of stuff from SA, stealth playstyle now being an actual and viable gameplay style, stats etc.
I'm very curious about these. Obviously I have no expectations whatsoever.
It's so weird how they seem to be unable on a technical level I would assume, to bring back literally the 1 to 1 features from SA into their HD games era. It would not hurt the games at all. We stay happy with the gameplay and activities and everything else and the movie going idiots stay happy with their UHD XXk resolution graphics, story, voice acting, characters, narrative, music etc.
Ah yes, my favorite immersive simulator.

San Andreas.

jaekl

Learned
Patron
Everyone cool already left Rockstar games, they have the same weirdos working there that every other corpo shithole does. Satire is far too advanced for the lobotomites that work in these environments, so it's just pop culture references and random wackiness.

Ash

Arcane
No longer the game industry I once knew and deeply loved, 25 years ago.

It's all degeneracy, greed and retardation now. Completely worthless and is just damaging society.

:negative:

Silverfish

Arbiter

It's all degeneracy, greed and retardation now. Completely worthless and is just damaging society.

F-3L-mvWQAAl0Ip.jpg

911 Jumper

Learned
99 Details From the GTA 6 Trailer (19 minutes)

I got 99 details and gameplay ain't one.

It will be a normal TPS game.

Yep, and it'll move tens of millions of units. I've accepted that this industry is going in a direction I don't like and that's why after this gen I'm fully checking out. I'll be solely sticking to old games.

Btw, sorry to anyone who directly quoted my posts. I don't have access to Reactions so can't react to replies – I'm not ignoring people!

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yep, and it'll move tens of millions of units. I've accepted that this industry is going in a direction I don't like and that's why after this gen I'm fully checking out. I'll be solely sticking to old games.
Understandable. I will probably never check out myself, I'm just too entrenched in this hobby. But AAA gaming is a big no-no already. Even if they would make okay games, pos-wise, they are such broken products currently. Not worth the dollar-to-fun ratio at all.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Searched for complaints about Twin Peaks: A Limited Events Series only having white actors. (I think the prostitute was the only colored one.) Couldn't find any articles or threads. Didn't add social media site names to the search, though. Seems like companies create these false depictions of reality where there are brown people everywhere for no one, like there is no significant group asking for it and no one would be upset if they chose to be more truthful with their casting. I know there is that international group that gives studios points or something that translate to money, but I doubt they alone are causing this. Again, seems like they virtue signal to no one. Vast majority of people don't actually care, as the lack of criticism to Twin Peaks' casting in a time when overwhelmingly white casts are so rare indicates.

911 Jumper

Learned
Understandable. I will probably never check out myself, I'm just too entrenched in this hobby. But AAA gaming is a big no-no already. Even if they would make okay games, pos-wise, they are such broken products currently. Not worth the dollar-to-fun ratio at all.
I agree. I'm gonna get myself a Deck OLED at some point and replay old games, perhaps even explore indie games (I've never been on Steam). I've also got plenty to work through on my old consoles. It's all enough to last me a few decades at least.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I agree. I'm gonna get myself a Deck OLED at some point and replay old games, perhaps even explore indie games (I've never been on Steam). I've also got plenty to work through on my old consoles. It's all enough to last me a few decades at least.
Nice. Been doing that myself, been going back to PS1 and PS2 titles. I highly recommend Vimm's Lair for everything emulator. Fantastic site.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard

everybody feels that way as they're getting older, not just with games.

I think it's sad, and a true sign that you're getting old. I, hopefully, will never stop getting enjoyment out of new media.

Recently I've found that Doja Cat is actually a really talented umm artist.

I think it's good to keep your mind open, but it still doesn't mean that we have to slurp up every piece of corporate trash.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I predict GTA6 is going to be another Codex " Im going to complain about BG3 for years " but " Im course Im going play it " when its released
doubt it, CP2077 has a lot of fans on the codex because they're poles. And also because CDPR has some clout with the Witcher games. Who really gives a shit about GTA tho?

BruceVC

Magister
I predict GTA6 is going to be another Codex " Im going to complain about BG3 for years " but " Im course Im going play it " when its released
doubt it, CP2077 has a lot of fans on the codex because they're poles. And also because CDPR has some clout with the Witcher games. Who really gives a shit about GTA tho?
Sure, I agree that some people dont like GTA games but this is a thread about GTA6 so its a reasonable assumption to make that most people on this thread have an interest in the game and have played previous GTA games?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom