Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Industria 2 [immersive sim]

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

edit:

Last edited:

Spukrian

Savant
IIRC it I had to turn every graphics setting down and still didn't get a decent framerate, though my card is quite old. But I'm quite sure I read about others having issues as well.

EDIT: That said I enjoyed the game, but it's quite short so get it on a sale if you're interested.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
There is a massive difference between Thief, SS 1-2, Deus Ex and this
Try telling the average normie tard that. There is like 1000 games with the 'Immersive Sim' tag on steam. Probably only like 50 of them could reasonably qualify in its design. And of course most would be pure shit regardless.

Edit: confirming the total count at 3,683 games. Lol Imagine a world where we had that many Deus Ex/Shock equivalents. None of them are.

Spukrian

Savant
Try telling the average normie tard that. There is like 1000 games with the 'Immersive Sim' tag on steam. Probably only like 50 of them could reasonably qualify in its design. And of course most would be pure shit regardless.

Edit: confirming the total count at 3,683 games. Lol Imagine a world where we had that many Deus Ex/Shock equivalents. None of them are.
Steam tags are set by users, unfortunately. And most users don't know what an immersive sim is, they just put the tag on any "simulator" that they feel is "immersive".

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Not sure who rated that Tweet "shit". It looks like the enemy AI they're looking to mimic is the AI that FEAR had, and that worked pretty well. Will it work as well as it did in FEAR? We'll have to see, but enemy units changed their tasks based on what was going on around them, which made them fairly dynamic. They'd react to sounds, which is something AIs have been doing forever, but they'd also react to you turning on your flashlight and other things. The enemy might be actively hunting you, but you get the drop on them, so they switch to seeking cover. Assuming they survive, they return to hunting after a certain time passes.

Why more games don't do this, considering FEAR is just two years shy of being two decades old, is pretty amazing considering how well it worked for that game.

Odoryuk

Educated
Just add a safe with 0451 pass code and your game is an immersive sim.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom