Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Oh, I missed that post. Now I understand why he got so butthurt at my post about whales.

Myobi

Liturgist
Oh, I missed that post.
Brah... you fucking what?

That's been... like... the thing... for the last 2 or 3 pages.

It's why I wear my Legatus badge on Spectrum.

Don't worry, peasant. I will let you fly one of the ships out of my $25k+ hangar.

This is my hangar's value from the CC game. I don't have many more ships left to buy in the game, actually. You save a ton using the CCU game.

wMF2jR1.png

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Brah... you fucking what?

That's been... like... the thing... for the last 2 or 3 pages.

To be fair, I don't always read every page of a thread. Often I just open watched threads and click to the last page so that the forum doesn't stop watching them for me.

It is funny to find out after the fact why that whale felt so attacked by my post, though.

ADL

Prophet
Sat through a 16,000 queue to get on. First impressions: I was already getting 100+FPS in landing zones in 3.22 but 3.23 feels much smoother across DX11 and Vulkan(beta) renderers. CIG's upscaling looks better than FSR so if you're on Intel/AMD GPUs and you need extra frames, use that. Mind you, I'm playing at 4K so 66% render scale is still pretty high for me so ymmv. AI is entirely functional on my server at full capacity, FPS combat is tactical and brutal. The UX improvements make the game feel like a game instead of a clunky tech demo for the first time.

If it's handling the load this well right now on patch night when everyone's trying to play, there's actually a chance it'll be playable during Invictus free fly next week. Gonna play more tomorrow and figure out how much master modes fucked my ships.

Perkel

Arcane
While they introduced vulcan and upscaling, the main thread on CPU is still not multithreaded and game is severely bottlenecked by CPU. They just announced that the main thread multithreading will be in 3.23.x patch rather than 3.24/4.0 patch.

That's the patch that people should look for imho the most. Right now even with crazy CPU like mine game is barely using gpu in bigger cities due to main thread issues. They already multithreaded the render thread a while a go but the main thread is critical in achieving high fps. My gpu often sits at 50% use in places like Loreville.

Another important thing is Replication Layer. I fully expect it to broke after release at some point. The limited testing of it in EPTU is simply to small of a test to fully prepare it. Still it is kind of wild that this will be the first game that will go away with server crashes from point of player perspective. Especially in game like SC which crashes often relatively to other games.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
EDIT: Post edited, because I accidentally misquoted BuzzCutPsycho and Perkel. Thank you to Perkel for pointing this out. I believe this is sorted out now along with the logic corrections necessary.

Turns out that account witch such swag ticket is only one in less than 5000 and it can be sold for pretty penny for SC maniacs. But i keep my 0$ investment still on hold until SC will be released and billions of people will make accounts so i can become a billionaire.

Huh, so your plan, if I got this right is:

Step 1: Spend nothing.
Step 2: Billions of people make SC accounts.
Step 3: Receive $1,000,000,000!
_OkUwjUq_400x400.jpg

That's crazy! Where do I sign u... wait. :?

So right now i am 149$ on + when it comes to SC now and possibly billions of dollars on + sometimes in 2049 when it will be released.
I am very much looking forward to invictus and watch people spend 1000s of dollars into my investment. Every bit helps !

edit: Now that i think about it. SQ42 20$ pledge can't be bought now because they will be selling SQ42 for 90$ so i am not 149 but 219 dorra on plus.

So you "only" spent $149 $219 on the game?

This is my hangar's value from the CC game. I don't have many more ships left to buy in the game, actually. You save a ton using the CCU game.

wMF2jR1.png

You "only" spent $219 on the client and $25k on jpgs and not-even-jpgs-yet? And you consider this to be a 15%+ deal?

:philosoraptor:

I'd like to offer you a deal. You give me $25k now, you can pay in instalments if you wish, we can work out something that won't hurt too much after an initial downpayment bump. In 15 years, I'll either give you $30,000 dollars or nothing.

What do you say?

I think it's actually pretty cool you didn't spend a lot of money on your account. Whenever someone shows interest, I usually tell them one of a few things:

3. If you really like the game but can't spare $40, I'll buy it for you during a referral program event.

If you don't like that deal, feel free to send me a game key so I can see the investment of the future and get started on my own diversified portfolio of video game space ships.

I AM SO IN!

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Turns out that account witch such swag ticket is only one in less than 5000 and it can be sold for pretty penny for SC maniacs. But i keep my 0$ investment still on hold until SC will be released and billions of people will make accounts so i can become a billionaire.

Huh, so your plan, if I got this right is:

Step 1: Spend nothing.
Step 2: Billions of people make SC accounts.
Step 3: Receive $1,000,000,000!
View attachment 49494

That's crazy! Where do I sign u... wait. :?

So right now i am 149$ on + when it comes to SC now and possibly billions of dollars on + sometimes in 2049 when it will be released.
I am very much looking forward to invictus and watch people spend 1000s of dollars into my investment. Every bit helps !

edit: Now that i think about it. SQ42 20$ pledge can't be bought now because they will be selling SQ42 for 90$ so i am not 149 but 219 dorra on plus.

So you "only" spent $0 $149 $219 on the game?
Or is this separate from the billion dollar plan?

You are not quoting Buzz, you are quoting me. And yes i spent total 1$ on SC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom