Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Roguelike The Doors of Trithius - roguelike with the depth of an open world RPG - now available on Early Access

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Looks like slightly uglier, more Daggerfally, first cousin of Stoneshard. With Devs that work on game 16× faster

Thread followed, dick hard. Will try it out

Aemar

Arcane
Starting out a new character. Last one prior to the current update was a knight specialized in flails.

cpmartins

Cipher
I had a really fun run with a Berserker. Almost reached the end but something bugged and I couldn't finish the quest that mage gave me on the first town. Life stealing is great.

Aemar

Arcane
Regular Update
Posted
Wed, April 24
v0.5.6 - Towns: Part 1

This is a smaller update with some initial changes to towns and handful of other items.

Save files from v0.5.5 are compatible.

Aggression Indicator
All creatures now show a red exclamation when they become aggressive towards the player.
964333210a817f7d496a201dc2ff0f08ec1b0c73.gif

If a creature loses sight of the player and sees them again after, the icon will show again.

Civilian clothes
Added 30+ new clothing items for civilians and governors.
e61df9861d8e7e71d924c12d5ebfe6cfe1326928.png

• Civilians in each of the three human factions dress with their own distinctive look.
  • The new clothing types can also be found at Clothing shops.
Job Board
Job Board visuals update based on the number of quests available.
c86b29c2492cd0d2afb00dd018ba91659ad74c8d.png

New Items
Added 15 new items covering jewelry and miscellaneous loot items which can be found in loot containers, as monster drops, and in shops throughout the world.
975cf0bbc028036e7d4c2b6b9050b31322881b53.png

Other Changes
  • Massively reduced the view distance of gremlins; Brute 7 -> 3, Experimenter 8 -> 5, Flinger 7 -> 4, Grunt 6 -> 3, Sergent 8 -> 4, Vile Gremlin 7 -> 5.
  • Added new creature: "Gremlin Butcher", along with their new dropped item "Bloody Cleaver".
  • Wild Turkey's are no longer aggressive by default. Instead, they have a small chance to become aggressive when a target is nearby, and will stop attacking if not being hit back.
  • Gold's item icon now changes based on how much gold you have.
  • Wild Turkey - increased chance to drop feather and raw meat.
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed harvested plants not refreshing, even when enough time had passed for them to reset.
  • Fixed bones & blood not being removed from the ground over time.
  • Fixed jump ability allowing you to jump beyond the max distance.
  • Fixed rare crash which happens when the game window height resets.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
So by 'old school' what do they mean by that? For those who have given it a try what old dungeon crawler is this like?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Reminds me of ADOM more than anything, but with a different character system.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
This Stoneshard-like will be finished before actual Stoneshard. :) Also I prefer how LeadDev here embraces Daggerfall's World simulation while that's something Stoneshard has largely given up on and focused on arguing with critics online about being late. LeadDev here is good programmer, that's major boost to development speed

All in all, really glad I discovered this game

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
First proper trailer:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1519490/view/4196869170450566007

v0.5.7 - Duranki Temple, A New Trailer, A Discount & Endless Replayability Fest

Hello everyone. I’m excited to get this update into your hands today and I’d love some feedback. Consider joining our Discord server to share your thoughts and chat with the rest of the community.

Gameplay Trailer
Additionally, I’m very happy to showcase the very first trailer for The Doors of Trithius. The game is now at a stage where I’m ready to show it off this way and I hope you think so too. Consider liking the video on Youtube, leaving a comment and, dare I say, sharing the trailer with your friends and favorite communities.

15% Discount & Endless Replayability Fest
The Doors of Trithius is part of this week’s Endless Replayability Fest on Steam. To celebrate all these things happening, I’ve discounted the game by 15%. Now’s a great time to snag a copy.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1519490/The_Doors_of_Trithius?snr=1_2108_9__2107
Today’s Update - v0.5.7
Duranki Temple
Deep within the Duranki Temple lies the Oracle, an ancient machine of immense power and mystery.
484cd533104ed2f6a81a52061709f34fc9718dd7.gif

The temple represents the fourth dungeon specifically designed for the Machinists’ storyline and features challenging traps and an especially deadly new enemy type (caution advised near pit edges).
367433867e86375c64e0cfb4bdb17561a4b77e34.png

Completing the quest will grant access to the first ability from the Zun school of magic.
ddd7492af53f336db5fea178884f208484ca9c87.png

You can find the quest at start at a random settlement in Greenhaven (near the starter area). Look for "The Oracle" quest on the local job board.

Death Screen
On death, you will now be greeted by the King of the Underworld, who has claimed your card!

This wonderfully terrifying illustration was created by Maxwell Arch, the talented artist behind all the character cards in-game.

ccff82096f3f358f55c3c11dfe4ba3276ffbdeaa.png

MORE ABOUT THIS GAME

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Stoneshard's younger brother is growing. Maybe one day Doors of Trithius will stand taller then Big Bro Stoneshard. And this is single Dev. Knows to code, thou...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom