Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Video Game Music Thread

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Hopefully this piques both interest in [Stephane] Picq's works, and encourages him to remaster/re-release more of his work. 'KGB' and 'Lost Eden' would be nice to see again.

I posted this about ten days ago. He has now released 'Lost Eden' in remastered format. You can get it for ~14 Euros at Bandcamp.

It includes the tracks as laid down on the soundtrack CD released in 1997, as well as additional tracks from the CDi-version of the game, plus the original mix of the game's theme tune. Sadly high-res imagery of the game's artwork is not included, but that's just a temporary thing, Picq promises to add it in a future update. In the meantime some AI-made images based on the game's setting and characters are included, just for fun.

Finally a lengthy essay by Picq himself is included, where he goes into the history and technical aspects of composing the soundtrack.

At first glance I'd say this is worth the money, but I understand perfectly if people want to wait until the artwork is added.

Last edited:

Tse Tse Fly

Savant

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance - Successor of Fate (NES (+VRC6) cover by Narek Papoyan | Promtastik)

Hellraiser

Arcane
My latest game music discovery is that Wave Race: Blue Storm had some rather decent tracks, I like the acoustic guitar in this one:

This next one meanwhile sounds like it could be in Tony Hawk 2, probably because it was released just around a year later and those were the vibes of that era:

Last edited:

Kabas

Arcane
Patron

Didn't play this one yet but the ost pretty nice. Even if most of the tracks are taken from other games/sources.

This one i did try.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom