Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

Zeriel

Arcane
In setting, I doubt Vampires would notice the difference. Cattle is cattle. I mean, honestly... if you had a subversive mindset you could probably write a really good setting based on the modern world and its ideology, it's just that the people who believe in the End of History and that said ideology is virtuous and right aren't going to be the ones doing it. Which is almost all "techies" in the US.

Harthwain

Magister
In setting, I doubt Vampires would notice the difference. Cattle is cattle. I mean, honestly...
I'd say that depends. For most vampires blood is blood, but if a vampire has a particular taste, it can be understandable to aim for very specific targets.

Vulpes

Scholar
I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but that's not TCR's Bloodlines 2. Look at the UI, it's Hardsuit's version of the game.

key25t.png

Eli_Havelock

Learned
> The Chinese Room is a British video game developer based in Brighton that is best known for exploration games.
>Skyrim compass and floating markers.

Exploration game
:lol:
I was going by the Wikipedia definition for lulz.
Of course overblown emotional walking simulators written by Non-Productive Collegiate are shitty excuses for exploration games. :lol:
An artsy-fartsy studio taking a crack at a real RPG with emergent gameplay? Yeah, that's the real horror here... no wonder they're boasting about the basic shit in their dev blogs like they're learning about it all for the very first time.

Yeah that is one of the old screenshots of HSL’s build.

Which says something, because everything TCR has released looks even worse.

Whole project was doomed from the get go.
I believed it was from TCR's version because their trailer is stuffed full of teal - except where it was orange.

The President

Educated
Yeah that is one of the old screenshots of HSL’s build.

Which says something, because everything TCR has released looks even worse.

Whole project was doomed from the get go.
I mean not necessarily.

That screenshot was released from that guy that posted those videos of the gameplay from when he worked there on his sample work page. They could have been old (it’s from the UI that was used prior to the 2019 gameplay demo) and not as high quality of what it would like in game. It also looks like an early unpolished fog effect is in use.

Though it is totally possible HSL’s weather effects would have ended up looking like shit.

Semiurge

Cipher
Honestly, yeah. Some distant studio's rendition of Seattle is innately going to be better than any studio here, because the level of cancerous wokeness you'd encounter would be beyond belief. I can't even explain it to anyone who doesn't live here in a way they'd believe, so I'll just leave it at that.
Sounds like a populace of disposable bloodbags, except you'd be eating a lot of clown. Worse than rat or addict, though often synonymous. But there would be a silver lining.

You are the Monster​

Blood sustains you and powers your vampiric Disciplines. You’ll stalk and feed on the city’s population by night. Use your supernatural powers or raw persuasion on civilians and lure them into deep, dark alleys to sate your Hunger.
It would be kind of too easy to lure, just go old school Brujah and wear a MAGA hat.
Or the old conversation-starter, the rainbow swastika. Oh, wait, the Non-Productive Collegiate (NPC) are into that now...

A t-shirt that says " I ♥ Israel"...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
was going by the Wikipedia definition for lulz.
Of course overblown emotional walking simulators written by Non-Productive Collegiate are shitty excuses for exploration games. :lol:
An artsy-fartsy studio taking a crack at a real RPG with emergent gameplay? Yeah, that's the real horror here... no wonder they're boasting about the basic shit in their dev blogs like they're learning about it all for the very first time.
As I've mentioned a half dozen times in this thread, all the people who made the walking sims were laid off. This is an entirely different group of people using the same name because Sumo Digital believed it had value.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
was going by the Wikipedia definition for lulz.
As I've mentioned a half dozen times in this thread, all the people who made the walking sims were laid off. This is an entirely different group of people using the same name because Sumo Digital believed it had value.

Which of course makes it extra funny that the other game TCR is working on is... another walking sim: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...cotland-coming-june-18th.148678/#post-8981514
The Chinese Room – with its reputation for world-class world-building, audio, writing, and acting – delivers a symphony of action, trepidation, tender emotions, and awe.

I guess they couldn't add a "yeah but those people are all gone."

:-D :-D :-D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom