Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yet Another Morrowind Thread

CHEMS

Scholar
ok men, i think i have all my mods in place, planning thief no magic playthrough, but with poisons, alchemy.

What im looking for is advice on economy, more specifically - training. Normally Id start the game by stealing all the best shit, rob vaults, then find trainers that are merchants and get all my skills to 80-100 by selling my loot to them.
So... what are my options outside of larping? Not sure if I can stop myself so would rather have a mod that would affect that feedback loop.
Ideally I should still be able to gain decent amount of money from selling daedric equipment and putting it to training.
First off, MWSE or OpenMW?

Saldrone

Novice
imagen.png

CHEMS

Scholar
mwse due to poisoning stuff
Nice, poison crafting is a great mod. I recommend using The Art of Alchemy along with it

As for economics overhaul, i use these:

Buying Game Updated
Harder Barter
Cheaper Enchanting Service
Silver Tongue
Enchantment Services Redone - ESR

Those mods will overhaul how the economy works, mercantile will actually be an important skill. Restocking goods no longer restock instantly, they take time now, so no more cheesing the mechanic. Items that you'd sell for thousands of gold will net you only a few hundred or a few thousand if your disposition/skill is very hard. There's also mechanics introducing supply and demand, so you can use regional scarcity to your favor and get better prices.

The Cheaper Enchanting Service and ESR mods are there to make the services usable. With the economic overhaul is just impossible to get 100k for a simple enchantment at the mages guild, those mods makes the service price match the new economy settings

Silver Tongue tweaks speechcraft since you'll want more disposition to get better prices
nothing is stopping you from casting 100 charm for 2 seconds though

CHEMS

Scholar
Well, those economy mods that i posted makes looting so much more rewarding

Morrowind's vanilla economy is a fucking joke

Also forgot to mention: with buying game trying to sell ebony, skooma, moon sugar, dwemer stuff to a regular shopkeep will result in a bounty since those are illegal items. Sell that shit to a cat or any other shady people. That's another thing that the original game overlooked

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
sold everything in starting town, couldnt affort entry level mortar&pestle.
yeah i stole instead master/gm pieces immediately but still...
Lowest lockpick is 100gold.

I dont think that using trainers will be an issue at all

CHEMS

Scholar
sold everything in starting town, couldnt affort entry level mortar&pestle.
yeah i stole instead master/gm pieces immediately but still...
Lowest lockpick is 100gold.

I dont think that using trainers will be an issue at all
Glad you liked it

Be sure to try out the art of alchemy too, btw rate my crib and the poisons i'm able to make

The keg underneath the table is the Stockpile Keg mod, a must for alchemist and poison makers, it will store all your components and has autostock and retrieve features. For the furniture i use the furniture catalog mod and perfect placement

17whda.png

d23e1g.png

6rhocc.png

tcepay.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom