Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Troika Games no longer exists

TimCain

Obsidian Entertainment
Developer
Today, the final nail was pounded into the coffin that holds Troika Games, LLC. Today could be considered the date of its closing, or you can pick from one of several dates:

February 28, 2005 - Troika Games closes its doors
September 30, 2005 - Troika Games files with the state for dissolution
December 24, 2005 - Troika Games files its final tax return (the last step in dissolution)

Pick your favorite date, kids. Thanks for your support, and good night.

Tim.

Calis

Pensionado
Have a good after-Troika life/career, Tim. If you need fanboys to support a future game project in an overzealous manner, you know where to find us.
Oh, and merry christmas as well, and all that

LlamaGod

Cipher
Tim better make more games because his games are pretty kick ass and Troika's last game he wasnt even head of

GET BACK IN THE KITCHEN AND MAKE US SOME PIES (they are tasty)

Atrokkus

Erudite
[weeping]

You were one of the few remaining companies that really breathe fresh life into RPGs, instead of making the dumb masses happy.

On behalf of all Russian/CIS gamers, I thank you, Tim, and your immortal company for all the great games that you made for us.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
thanks for not being superficial pussies going with the mainstream and for you guys making actual rpgs. You guys are the greatest. Good luck in the future. I hope you guys decide to make indie games you publish yourselves. And lets face it, real rpgs are pretty much dead in the main stream. So i won't lie and say I hope you guys get good jobs at fancy companies. I hope you guys move back in with your moms and continue making real games. Or move to russia and get a job at nival. Anyway, trokia is still the greatest, above mps and ssi, but below whoever makes halo because that is the best rpgs ever.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
TIMMY JUST RUINED CHRISTMAS!

Sad news but even sader, 'twas expected. At least Troika hasn't become some kind of Zombie company.

Jed

Cipher
Fallout & Arcanum are two of the only truly memorable games I've played. Thanks. Sorry Troika is going out, but I wish you the best of luck in the thankless CRPG industry.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Maybe we should start a tradition of donning jaunty paper hats on Xmas eve.

Here's hoping you better fortunes wherever 2006 finds you.

Aldin

Novice
'Twas fun while it lasted, now go forth and corrupt, erhm, INFLUENCE others!

~Aldin, tipping a jaunty hat to a jaunty angle

ps Give Cooter a cookie for me!

Rat Keeng

Liturgist
Oh wells, 'tis still the season to be jolly. Hope the gaming industry has a place for ya.

LlamaGod

Cipher
just dont join Obsidian

Obsidian is like a cRPG cancer or something, absorbs all the good thats left in the genre and turns it into shit.

I'm sure they'd have you doing 'lite designing' in no time.

DarkSign

Erudite
You will definitely be missed. Thank you for your contribution to my entertainment.

Where ever you join, come back here and give us the real inside dirt on the corners they want you to cut, the dumbing down they expect from you, and the creative freedoms you dont get.

We promise we wont get you fired :)

Oh and PM me when you want to make an MMO :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom