Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Can we leave the NSFW shit in links where they belong?

whitemithrandir

Erudite
Seriously. Sometimes I'm at school, or work, and I'm surfing this website, getting my shits and giggles, and then OH FUCK a gigantic matrix of animations of a guy twirling his penis at somebody. Jesus, shove that shit in a LINK PLEASE.

If I get tubgirled or goatsed from click on a link, hey, my own fault, but please don't

obediah

Erudite
whitemithrandir said:
LlamaGod said:
It was a fake penis

Well it LOOKED real. Hey, gimme a break, it's not like I go around surfing the web looking for penises.

and truck stop lighting is bad, so I'll cut you some slack.

Chefe

Erudite
whitemithrandir said:
LlamaGod said:
It was a fake penis

Well it LOOKED real. Hey, gimme a break, it's not like I go around surfing the web looking for penises.

Then what the hell do you do in your free time?

LlamaGod

Cipher
whitemithrandir said:
LlamaGod said:
It was a fake penis

its from a comedy show thing and every now then a fake penis is thrown in for comedy value

it almost falls off the dude in the animation

Twinfalls

Erudite
I'm getting tired of the stupid racist shit as well. I realise it's harder to justify censorship of that stuff, but the sheer amount of 'Ha ha nigger picture watermelon lol' cannot be doing the reputation of this site any good. It's mainly two members, one of whom has contributed pretty much nothing here but idiotic gigantic lego and tranny pics - and now stupid racist shit as well.

I'd suggest retardoing some of the threads which seem to exist purely for a vulgar racist outpour for some of the more 'life-challenged' members.....

kris

Arcane
Some seem to take the lackof moderating as a challenge to show off their lack of imagination and maturity.

Slylandro

Scholar
I don't have any clout, not being a regular or anything, but I also agree with some of the others that some of the dumb stuff that goes on should be turned a notch or two down. I realize that some people think they're being "funny" and politically/socially "profound" or even nonconformist with their statements ("OMG i posted something that offends most ppl even tho mebe i don't mean it LOLs i m comic genius personified") but it's really not happening. As jokes, these posts are lame and pretty stale, as actual serious commentaries, they would deserve retardo-land status. I'm not of the mind that all posts with racist/sexist/NSFW/political/etc content should be tossed aside, but some threads are being made to solely propagate such content, which seem not just 'offensive' (which is merely something in the eye of the beholder), but simply irrelevant to an rpg site. It would be one thing if all these posts concerned real RPG connections like the possible historical bases of Tolkienesque races from real world races or how the political climate and social context affected the story/development of games like Fallout or Arcanum, but this is not what people are doing. Everyone is entitled to their own political views or sexual eccentricities or what not, but might they be better expounded upon elsewhere, other than the Codex?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
The last big racist shit thing was from Rex's little "I hate the Philliphines" thread. After that I never saw that much idiocy anymore. Sure, some people seem proud to be racist, but that just makes them "special". That and they don't inflame every other thread with name calling and stuff. All in all, the codex seems a bit mellowed down in that aspect, niggers.

SlavemasterT

Arcane
I second this notion. I can't say that I much like the game of tricking people into seeing vulgar and disgusting pictures, but if the game has to be played then I'd at least like to have a fighting chance to avoid exposure - posting the images in the thread itself is just cheating.

Section8

Cipher
Yeah, freedom of speech is a good thing, but you don't need to show how much of a cunt you can be by exercising it. That's the sort of thing that leads to actually requiring moderation. Abuse a privilege and it gets revoked.

So keep the NSFW shit behind links, and stop repeating the same fucking "offensive" jokes over and over again, because they're just not fucking funny anymore.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
What I really hate are the variations on Tubgirl. Like this one:

Edit: Let's stick with choices - VD

I mean, who has the right to add text to the beloved woman?

Balor

Arcane
Use Opera with 'used only cashed images' turned on, n00bs.
If you don't, it's, like it's said, your own fault.

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
If the codex is suddenly meant to be clean I also demand moderation of all goatse / tubgirl posts. They are even uglier than stalin_brandos tranny posts after all and not remotely as funny as some of the nigger jokes. There is the difference between puttin a redguard pic on an NWO album cover and linking the Nord to Scandinavian culture (I mean that "van Hellström" thing)? Personally I do not get the watermelon and chicken thing and I guess most people outside the US do not. However if those are foods traditionally associated with blacks when posting such pics is about as racist as posting pictures of me with Sauerkraut and Weisswurst (I am German) on it. Obviously quite some (US) blacks have a serious inferiority complex and rich white liberals have "guilt trip" written all over their faces but that does not mean that they should make the rest of the world suffer for it.

LlamaGod

Cipher
80% of the time I dont even mean what I say

I just like to have fun and sometimes there is humor in doing a gag thats beyond dead.

lolz i posted a tubgirl

also: black people are nature's clowns

LlamaGod

Cipher
also: most of you motherfuckers take shit way too seriously. shut up.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
copx said:
If the codex is suddenly meant to be clean I also demand moderation of all goatse / tubgirl posts. They are even uglier than stalin_brandos tranny posts after all and not remotely as funny as some of the nigger jokes. There is the difference between puttin a redguard pic on an NWO album cover and linking the Nord to Scandinavian culture (I mean that "van Hellström" thing)? Personally I do not get the watermelon and chicken thing and I guess most people outside the US do not. However if those are foods traditionally associated with blacks when posting such pics is about as racist as posting pictures of me with Sauerkraut and Weisswurst (I am German) on it. Obviously quite some (US) blacks have a serious inferiority complex and rich white liberals have "guilt trip" written all over their faces but that does not mean that they should make the rest of the world suffer for it.

Tis a sad day when one learns that the Germans aren't getting the racist jokes.

Section8

Cipher
Use Opera with 'used only cashed images' turned on, n00bs.
If you don't, it's, like it's said, your own fault.

Fuck that, why should I have to?

80% of the time I dont even mean what I say

That's not the point. We get that all the pointless jibes at black people aren't supposed to carry any malicious intent, and are meant in an ironic context, but when there's so much of it going around, then it leads people to believe - "Hey maybe this isn't irony at all! There's certainly a clear fixation with racism here, maybe they're just bigoted fucks!"

Now, personally, I don't give a shit if you are racist or not. But I object to having so many threads filled with pointless effluvia in the name of "fun." That's what the Elder Scrolls forums are for.

I just like to have fun and sometimes there is humor in doing a gag thats beyond dead.

Just keep telling yourself that. It works for Carrot Top.

also: most of you motherfuckers take shit way too seriously. shut up.

No, we didn't take it seriously the first time. But when that 300th time ticked over, we began to wonder. Now we're here at over 1000 times, and anything that might have been funny once, isn't. You're forcing us to take shit seriously by using systematic repetition to strip any kind of humour from your "just like to have fun" posts.

Give it a fucking rest, or at least get some fresh material.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Twinfalls said:
I'm getting tired of the stupid racist shit as well. I realise it's harder to justify censorship of that stuff, but the sheer amount of 'Ha ha nigger picture watermelon lol' cannot be doing the reputation of this site any good. It's mainly two members, one of whom has contributed pretty much nothing here but idiotic gigantic lego and tranny pics - and now stupid racist shit as well.

I'd suggest retardoing some of the threads which seem to exist purely for a vulgar racist outpour for some of the more 'life-challenged' members.....

"Once governments are given the authority to restrict the liberty of some sane adults for what it considers their physical or moral welfare, there is no principled stopping point in terms of what governments will have the authority to prohibit. The consequence will be that virtually anything which anyone holds of most value may become prohibited to them on grounds of its being judged immoral or dangerous to them. There are practically no forms of activity in which sane adults like to engage that others are not able to find reasons to condemn as morally or physically bad for those who engage in them. This ranges from drinking alcohol and smoking tobacco, to eating certain types of food, to not taking exercise, to taking too much, engaging in dangerous sports, practising certain religions, not practising any religion, reading books on science, etc. Unless government draws the line at only prohibiting conduct that harms others against their will, no member of society can be secure in being able to do or have anything they most want and value." --David Conway

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

"In our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either." --Mark Twain

"Too many people are only willing to defend rights that are personally important to them. It's selfish ignorance, and it's exactly why totalitarian governments are able to get away with trampling on people. Freedom does not mean freedom just for the things *I* think I should be able to do. Freedom is for all of us. If people will not speak up for other's people's rights, there will come a day when they will lose their own." - Tony Lawrence

"The only freedom which counts is the freedom to do what some other people think to be wrong. There is no point in demanding freedom to do that which all will applaud. All the so-called liberties or rights are things which have to be asserted against others who claim that if such things are to be allowed their own rights are infringed or their own liberties threatened. This is always true, even when we speak of the freedom to worship, of the right of free speech or association, or of public assembly. If we are to allow freedoms at all there will constantly be complaints that either the liberty itself or the way in which it is exercised is being abused, and, if it is a genuine freedom, these complaints will often be justified. There is no way of having a free society in which there is not abuse. Abuse is the very hallmark of liberty." -- Former Lord Chief Justice Halisham

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know,' the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." --Robert A. Heinlein

"Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." --Malcolm X

"Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself." --Potter Stewart

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
--Francois Voltaire

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression.
In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged,
and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight,
lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness.
-- Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas

Make no laws whatever concerning speech, and speech will be free;
so soon as you make a declaration on paper that speech shall be free,
you will have a hundred lawyers proving that "freedom does not mean abuse, nor liberty license"; and they will define and define freedom out of existence.
--Voltarine de Cleyre

What reputation would rpgcodex get? One of Freedom? A sight where you can say anything and not get repremanded? Is that bad? Why stop racist remarks and not other offensive remarks? Why not anti-Christian remarks? Where does it stop? Where you feel it ethically should?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom