Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

FO BoS for PS2????

triCritical

Erudite
loitos said:
Interplay posted this on their site this morning with screenshots, but after about 2 hours it was removed entirely so I assume they're trying to keep it a secret for E3 or something, but here's the press release as it was this AM:
HIGHLY ACCLAIMED FALLOUT FRANCHISE
MAKES ITS CONSOLE DEBUT
Join the Brotherhood of Steel in a battle of post-apocalyptic mayhem

LOS ANGELES, CA - (March 12, 2003) - Vivendi Universal Games and Interplay Entertainment Corp. (OTCBB:IPLY) today announced the development of Fallout(tm): Brotherhood of Steel(tm) for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and the XboxÔ video game system from Microsoft.

This gritty and darkly humorous 3rd person action adventure game transports players into the post-apocalyptic wasteland of the highly acclaimed and successful Fallout PC franchise. Utilizing a combination of intense combat strategies integrating melee, ranged weapons and explosives, 1 to 2 players can assume membership in The Brotherhood of Steel, warriors determined to bring their own sense of order to a nuked-out wasteland. "We're very excited about bringing the Fallout universe to console gamers," said Scot Lane, Executive Producer at Interplay. "The game play is more attuned to the console platform, stressing more action and combat than the PC versions which placed a greater emphasis on RPG elements or strategy."

The fear of an apocalypse has become a reality. Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel begins after the first Fallout PC title in which humans emerge from the safety of underground vaults to explore the earth following a nuclear holocaust. In joining the Brotherhood of Steel, players will uncover a sinister plot that could transform the remainder of humanity into a race of mutants. The Brotherhood of Steel have come together to wage battle against the mutant raiders and pirates to fulfill their search for a mysterious and heavily sought-after device, one that could be used to help rebuild humanity or as a monstrous toll of war.

For more information on the state of the world in Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel please check out the website at www.interplay.com/fbos. Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel is set to release this fall.

More proof: found this archived on google
Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel (PlayStation®2 version) © 2003 Interplay Entertainment Corp. All rights reserved. Fallout, Interplay, and the Interplay logo are trademarks of Interplay Entertainment Corp. Dolby, Pro Logic, and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. The ratings icon is a trademark of the Interactive Digital Software Association. "PlayStation" and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are properties of their respective owners.

Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel (Xbox version) © 2003 Interplay Entertainment Corp. All rights reserved. Fallout, Interplay, and the Interplay logo are trademarks of Interplay Entertainment Corp. Dolby and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. The ratings icon is a trademark of the Interactive Digital Software Association. Microsoft, Xbox, and the Xbox logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries and are under license from Microsoft . All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are properties of their respective owners.

draikin said:
found this on the Yahoo! IP board

Quote:
Hey Hey! A new title announced!
by: foxes_1884
Long-Term Sentiment: Hold 03/12/03 12:32 pm
Msg: 17539 of 17541

Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel (PlayStation®2)

www.interplay.com/games/allsoon.asp

looks like it's true.

Tell me they are trolling!!!!!

GreenNight

Liturgist
Damn, it looks real. Either it is or somebody made a joke, you can see references to this game in the google cache of www.interplay.com/legal.asp. I've got a PS2, but I think this one will go to the not buy list.

But I'll keep an eye open just in case it is good.

And once again "If it doesn't sell it is not a problem of the gameplay, is a problem of the setting" :wink:

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Well, fuck me running. Looks legit, and also looks like Interplay's totally fucking rewriting Fallout's history. Wonderful.

They should have gone with the name, Fallout: Enforcer, judging by the description.

triCritical

Erudite
Well I just gave my two cents on the BIS/IPLY forums. I can't believe those nitwits. You know FO as a setting is just not that great. Its kind of funny how FU and IPLY don't even know what made FO have the following it has.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! The pain!

Makaar

Novice
The sad thing is, we can't do that much about it. I am seriously doubtful that they will rewrite Fallout's history. If they re-wrote the history to fit into a 3D action game, then we will be screwed. It just seems insulting that they have the nerve to fuck us sideways with this. Fallout 3 is a distant dream.

Also, because of FO:T, people may think the Fallout world is...something it is not. And I can bet all my money it will have NOTHING to do with the original series, save setting. And even the setting might be fucked.

Makaar

Novice
It angered me so much that I rushed a Comment over at NMA. Fucking Christ on a pony.
I guess we'll see more poorly-written rants about how gay Interplay is. *SIGH*

fbos-ps2-ss5.jpg

Obviously, we now what age group the "game" is marketed for.
(GUESS WHAT I SPY)
fbos-ps2-ss2.jpg

No comment.

fbos-ps2-ss6.jpg

see #2.

Flarnet

Liturgist
For fuck's sake. Look at the graphics. It's so obvious that this is a low budget title, farmed out to some dimwits in the middle of nowhere.
Now why would they permanently screw over the Fallout franchise like this? I'll tell you why - the only reason they'd do it is if they don't give a flying fuck about the franchise. Not one single airborne intercourse.

Excuse me if I ramble, I had to take two large drinks to cope with this. This is the worst rpg news of the year.

Rosh

Erudite
Flarnet said:
For fuck's sake. Look at the graphics. It's so obvious that this is a low budget title, farmed out to some dimwits in the middle of nowhere.

Digital Morons (Mayhem) in a nutshell.

Now why would they permanently screw over the Fallout franchise like this? I'll tell you why - the only reason they'd do it is if they don't give a flying fuck about the franchise. .

Because Interplay is already fucked, that's why.

Also, my .sig has been changed to reflect this.

Spazmo

Erudite
Interplay: Anything for a buck. Okay, how about fifty cents? No? A dime, maybe? Not even a penny? Please?

(And Rosh: That's minigun, not minugun.)

Deathy

Liturgist
I'm still wondering why I should care about Fallout being whored out again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom