Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Czechs are silly: BG3 rumours

Spazmo

Erudite
Czechoslovakia and BG3 hysteria strike again. Here's a scan of a magazine cover from of Czech gaming magazine Score mailed to mr by reader Casper H. Clausen.

obalka_108.jpg

Mostly just fairly uninteresting stuff about Far Cry and whatnot, but note the headline at the bottom: Baldur's Gate III: Seven Gates of Aznarr. It's highly amusing to see this not only because of all the crap people are making up about BG3, but also because it was actually going to be called The Black Hound. I'm sure J.E. Sawyer's gaming career is spinning in it's grave

Slather

Novice
WTF is Aznarr anyhow? Wasn't he the recently deposed Spanish PM?

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
a) czechoslovakia doesn't exist anymore
b) I haven't read this magazine for quite some time, but i'd guess this: april fool, beacuse I sure don't know anything about albion sequel

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Its an April's Fool. Almost certain. Many gaming magazines do this. There was some magazine recently that suggested there was going to be a Britney Spears RPG.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Yeah, the Spanish PM was Aznar I think. And Albion 2... sheesh... that would be one heck of a surprise ( I liked the original b t w). Although it might be an april fool's joke - a Britney Spears RPG would make more "sense" from a joke perspective than an actual BG3, no?

Slather

Novice
Britney Spears RPG...now that has potential. I'd prefer a shoot 'em up though..."Britney's Celebrity Slaughterfuck" perhaps. I wonder if Hasbro would buy the license?

Spazmo

Erudite
evdk said:

Yeah, but it'll probably be back next week. I really can't be bothered to keep track of the Republic of the Week.

b) I haven't read this magazine for quite some time, but i'd guess this: april fool, beacuse I sure don't know anything about albion sequel

I wasn't aware you commies had a sense of humour. Anyways, that's essentially why I didn't post it as news--it's too obviously a crock.

Monte Carlo

Liturgist
I was thinking about Feats for the Britney RPG:

Perky Boobs springs to mind for some reason, as does the spell Slutty Countenance. Top it all off with the Robes of High School Uniformity and y'all set to go.

Slather

Novice
I believe her recent erratic behaviour might qualify her as a berserker. "Britney enters a rage, gaining +2 to pouting and +4 to storming out of interviews in a huff".

Sol Invictus

Erudite
She's a looney, isn't she? Man, it's no wonder people stopped talking about how much they wanted to bone her.

I think it's probably an April Fool's. I'd have heard about a sequel to Albion, which was awesome.

Monte Carlo

Liturgist
...and why are computer FPS games so obsessed with the MP5? I mean, it's an astonishingly successful paramilitary SMG/carbine but by military standards the thing is a fucking rat-splatting 9mm weapon. I s'pose cuz it looks cool.

What happened to Johnny Rambo dual-wielding M-60's? Eh?

android

Novice
Spazmo said:
Czechoslovakia and BG3 hysteria strike again. Here's a scan of a magazine cover from of Czech gaming magazine Score mailed to mr by reader Casper H. Clausen.

another evil imperialist swallows the bait! :)

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Spazmo said:
I wasn't aware you commies had a sense of humour. Anyways, that's essentially why I didn't post it as news--it's too obviously a crock.

And what is communism if not a big joke? We have plenty sense of humour :)

Vidder

Liturgist
ALBION2! ...waitaminute... Aprils Fool? Damn! they broke my heart now.

What a fine game albion was.. <daydream>

Noximo

Novice
Spazmo said:
evdk said:

Yeah, but it'll probably be back next week. I really can't be bothered to keep track of the Republic of the Week.

Is Czech Republic and Slovac Republic - since 1993
Czech - Game: Mafia, Hidden and Dangerous, Ufo: Aftermath, Operation Flashpoint ,...
Sport: Hockey Jaromir Jagr, Dominik Hasek, Nagano 98 and little more world championship.

Slovak - Game: Chaser, Battle Isle,...
Sport: Hockey WCH before 3 years (I think)
KapiÅ¡to blbečku?
Tell it your friends please!

Spazmo

Erudite
No, I'm Canadian. Anyways, I don't see why you make such a big fuss about it. People call Canada Canada when it's actually something like the Dominion of Canada or the Confederation. Similarly, there's any number of permutations on how people refer to the United States of America. Whether I say Czech Republic or Czechoslovakia, it's understood what place I'm talking about. A rose by any other name, really.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Czech Republic has different borders from the former Czechoslovakia (hint: it covered the territory of Czech Republic and Slovakia). It's not just another way to refer to the same countries, these are 2 different ones. It's similar to Serbia and former Yugoslavia.

Blazen

Novice
Heyaa!

Cus blazni z Cech, jestli sem teda pisete:) Koukam, ze nas tady pekne sjizdej(myslim Cechy)..pekne me to sere! Ja tomu Baldurs Gate neveril, hned jak jsem to cetl. A dalsi sracky jako Counter2-vzdyt je to prdel,ne?:))))
At zije SCORE a CECHYYYY! :lol: [/b]

DJ Slamák

Novice
Oh, Spazmo, you hunk of hysterical Canuck man-meat, you. I know I'm pretty late (I visit the Codex every once in a blue moon, sue me), but why didn't you try to find out WHAT IT ACTUALLY SAYS first? You could have asked me in #fallout, you know.

Score said:
BALDUR'S GATE III: Seven Gates of Aznarr

Black Isle haven't said their last word yet! A shocking revelation, only in Score!

The wording should make it quite obvious, along with the fact that Aznar (albeit with a single 'r') is the (now former) Prime Minister of Spain, which is quite widely known here. I realise you probably didn't know that, but I could have told you.

As for your ramblings about Czechoslovakia - it's been said. If you can't get it right after 11 years and lots of mutual hockey pwnage, the joke's on you.

U = ded faget
Blazen = b&, if I may guess.

PS: By the way, Score seems pretty happy about how they pwned you lol gg (4th post from the top, needs no translation), which is probably where all these n00bs have come from.

Spazmo

Erudite
I never actually believed that there would be a BG3 called Seven Gates of Aznarr and since I saw this before April 1st and have no idea what April in Czech is, I just made the logical assumption: Czechs are silly.

lol punk'd

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom