Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bloodlines CTD Game stopper HALP! Spoilers.

Mr. Hand

Novice
Okay guys heres the dealeo
Im at the Society of Leopold monastary, and Grunfeld Bach or whatever just hit the
detenator on me. I run to the boat at the pier then loading screen then BAM.
Crash to desktop.No error message. Retried the thing 5 times still happening. Any ideas?

Whipporowill

Erudite
You're pretty SOL on this one - this is a gamestopping bug which has been reported over at the dilapidation boards. Steve Moret has gotten savegames for it and Troika are aware of the bug - probably the one with the highest priority. It doesn't happen to everyone though, or even a majority - don't think there's a way to avoid it once it's occured though.

keeks

Novice
There's a workaround to this bug.

Steve Moret said:
We think we've found the bug, but to truly fix it we'd need to release a patch. In the meantime if you run the game -console, load your save, and before you jump aboard the boat to escape the society bring up the console and execute the following command:

If you saved Johansen:
SaveJohansen()

Then to level transition if you're anybody but a Nosferatu:
changelevel2 la_hub_1 taxi_landmark

And if you're a Nosferatu, instead use:
changelevel2 la_hub_1 sewer_map_landmark

It should do what getting in the boat trigger was intended to do without all the unnecessary crashing.

I had the bug and this worked fine for me.

Taken from this thread.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
CAn you use that change level command to skip the friggen sewer? :P

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
In order for the above work-around to work properly and not screw up your game, you have to be as close to the boat as possible. Otherwise you might end up losing you inventory and fucking up some future quests. Just thought I'd say it.

Energy

Novice
Can't bring up the console!!

Hey guys, I was looking for a solution to the "Leopold monastry escape bug" and I find one here but when I go to try this solution I can't bring up the console. I don't know if something's wrong with my keyboard Im from Spain and I think the keyboard here is diferent than the USA keyboards. In Half-Life 2 i can down the console but in Bloodlines i can't. Any idea?

ONININJA

Novice
console-command don't work!

this is really quite annoying, since I got the same bug-problem as those above, but the console won't show up.. maybe I'm doing something wrong.. or, the whole game is completely messed up.. :cry:

please help!

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
You need to right-click on your VTM:B desktop shortcut and in the Target area type -console at the end of what's there after the quotation marks with a space before it. It should look like this:

"F:\Program Files\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\vampire.exe" -console

Of course, the above will look different depending on where you have VTM:B installed on your computer.

Then just hit ` while in game to bring up the console. Make sure you use ` to close it again as sometimes the X won't close it all the way.

ONININJA

Novice
thanks

...but I managed it to work after a while. seems like windows moron edition needed me to re-write ALL the text, then just add -console... I just snapped and did something that was so lame that it worked!

but now is a new problem; I'm playing a malkavian, a vampire-type I guess is full of bugs inside and outside of the game, and this malk is unable to open the barred door in ch_temple_2!!

I have tried bloodbuffing, pushing, shooting, axing.. even tried to torch the hellish door! to no avail.. the plank won't move and that leaves me stuck once anew.

thanks for the help with the console you've guys have written here already.

btw... I've tried to noclip myself past the door, even changelevel, but three things happen:
1. I turn into a newbie nosferatu with my character's name.. but the code works... I lose my equipment as well...
2. the game freezes
3. i pop out into desktop, maybe even changing the properties along the way.

I really love this game. just hope the next will be bug-free and finished when they start selling it..

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I'm sure you tried that, but just in case. You don't push the beam when you are in front of the door. You move to the right and push on a little handle and that would move the beam.

Jinxed

Liturgist
Initially I couldn't open the door and went WTF!? But it took around 5 seconds to figure out that complex mechanism.

ONININJA

Novice
yeah, I tried to push the little handle as well.. nevertheless, I finally got the console to not freeze the game and removed the door.

as a sidenote; is there any difference between siding with the anarchs as siding with the camarilla? seems like both fractions want to remove Lacroix and the chinese..

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Different ending, but otherwise there's no big difference. Same thing with duking it out yourself. The only paths that differ are if you side with the prince or with the Kuei Jin, as far as I can tell.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom