Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Awesomesauce! FO2 at high resolutions

Sol Invictus

Erudite
scr00007.png

What. Is. This. Mod?

Arkan

Novice
According to NMA ( where I first heard of this) there are still some issues that need resolved. Oh, it needs to work for FO as well. Then I'd get it.

Surlent

Liturgist
Fo2 patcher.
You'll find more info about that mod here. http://www.nma-fallout.com/

I think you guys posted this as news as well.

Personal_note: I just fished they'd make these mods for first FO and not the second. :roll:

Fez

Erudite
It still needs some work though, I'd consider this a beta.

Surlent

Liturgist
Why are you banned from NMA ? Was Rosh too harsh on ya ? :?

DemonKing

Arcane
Naked_Lunch said:
I found out they don't like bad language the hard way, but that's a tale for another time.

Huh...if they don't like bad language then why do they put up with Rosh? Don't tell me he turns down the volume a bit over there.

NeutralMilkHotel

Liturgist
DemonKing said:
Naked_Lunch said:
I found out they don't like bad language the hard way, but that's a tale for another time.

Huh...if they don't like bad language then why do they put up with Rosh? Don't tell me he turns down the volume a bit over there.

The last post I read of rosh's was when he had an argument with a new person, and the new guy told him to chill out, he then called NMA's forum his board ("Again with the presumptions to tell me what to do on my own forum?"), so I'm guessing he thinks he's king shit over there .

Also, he banned me back when bethesda got the FO3 liscence because I was trying to calm down the rabid fans over there. He didn't agree with my views, insulted me for no reason, then I defended myself and got the boot.

Yay for arrogance (and rosh's idiotic message board fascism-like habits).

DarkSign

Erudite
Yeah. Rosh gets off on himself. In fact, Im sure he's sitting in pools of his own giz.
He really loves lording it over people who he thinks he has defeated, but when someone logically defeats him he retreats into his little admin status.

The whole idea of his little title "Level 91 PK Asshole" or whatever it is, is that he is letting people know he is an unapologized jerk to whomever he pleases. Sorry...that doesnt pass the laugh test. You want to be an asshole and terrorize forum boards? That still makes you an idiot and an asshole.

But you'll never get him out of his little fantasy world where he thinks he is the smartest and sexiest person on the planet. Oh, its good to see that others realize the truth about him.

Oh btw that mod looks really damn good.

Fez

Erudite
The mod also lets you change the speed of the world map. Some people seemed to have trouble with it being too fast (cpu speeds again, I guess), so this should help for that too. I'm hoping they'll work on it until it's 'polished', it's worth it. It's a good find.

Thisis the link to the patcher file, posted by NMA on the front page. They have a discussion thread on the forums there about the development of it if you have suggestions/thanks to give.

LlamaGod

Cipher
Can you mebbe mix it with a mod?

Was thinking about installing this and then the Wasteland Merc one

Fez

Erudite
They have the uncompiled files too, if that helps.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
This looks great!
I hope they continue the enthusiasm and keep developing it into a bug-free version.

I also would like to see a FO1 version.
640x480 looks awfully blocky on my giant monitor! :D

Fez

Erudite
They might be able to pad out the sides to make it look better. It's still a bit rough around the edges, so that might happen yet.

mario407

Novice
StraitLacedDeviant said:
I can't get it to work on the english version, anyone else get around this?

Have you tried version 3a? Development is going very slow for it right now. There might even be a Big5 version out later on

Version 3a: Added support for versions...
US 1.02d (works)
UK 1.03e (untested)
GR 1.02d (untested)
FR 1.02d (untested)

Version 3:
The game is still unplayable, but some things have been fixed while other have been destroyed

New:
* New style of patching the executable added - the patcher reads from the patchData.txt file
* Sections for future compatibility with other versions added (still only works with US 1.02d)
* Some interface additions/fixes for the patcher itself

Fixes:
* Most of the graphics work on the dialogs now, but not the main picture that shows who you are talking to unless it's a talking head
* You can now move the mouse to any corner/side of the screen to move the world map around istead of the default 640x480 edges

Bugs:
* Picture of who you are talking to is messed up in non-talking head dialogs
* Accessing custom settings on your party members crashes

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
NeutralMilkHotel said:
Also, he banned me back when bethesda got the FO3 liscence because I was trying to calm down the rabid fans over there.
Heh. "Calm down the rabid fans" is a classic. May I know the nick you were using? I enjoy reading arguments with Rosh for laughs. :cool:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Exitium said:
Rosh will just love this thread. Rosh! Rosh! I summon thee.
Now you have to do the magic jig.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom