Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
I started a Monk Dark Urge run on the side of my main one, act3 Fatigue is quite real. Dark Urge changes/adds quite a bit of content compared to normal Tav.
In my opinion Durge is far, far better than Tav in terms of story and stays better all the way through to the end, so I hope you enjoy it!

Cleric is pretty good

There is any D&D video game where clerics aren't pretty good?
Fall From Grace in PST. Great character and the only one who can heal, but was mostly dead weight in combat. Her spell list was small, weak, and mostly irrelevant considering the protagonist is immortal and regenerates. I remember healing items being common, not that you really need them anyway.

Habichtswalder

Literate
For one year I was looking down on BG3. But today is the day I finally gave up and bought this :negative:

And I already disliked most of D:OS2 characters and quirky writing

Barbarian

Arcane
Something that doesn't get enough credit in this game is how alive your companions feel, even if you hate them it's something no other game does better.

They all want to fuck you as well and make that very clear every waking second.

Bear druid and Gayle are the worse. Talking to them felt like being transported into a gay dating sim without being asked about it.

Barbarian

Arcane
For one year I was looking down on BG3. But today is the day I finally gave up and bought this :negative:

And I already disliked most of D:OS2 characters and quirky writing

We all bitch about it but it is a legit good game.

Also non-ironically the best D&D videogame adaptation even though it is based on the shitty 5e and had (((Hasbro))) overseeing the whole thing.

Stuff like the Hag's lair was more akin to legit dnd than anything in the original games in the series even. And it has tb combat with verticality and actual in-world application of spells(i.e: using silence on enemies preventing from calling for help).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom