Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Hagashager

Educated
I've played through PoE1 multiple times and I have never -- not once, not ever, not a single time -- even equipped two grimoires, let alone swapped between them.
Yes, in PoE  ONE.

You can learn spells in PoE 1 and add them to your own grimoire.

You cannot do that in PoE TWO. In the second game spells are locked to their specific grimoires. There're certain unique spells that are only in a specific grimoire. The closest you can get to learning new spells in PoE 2 is during level up you can make certain spells into special abilities.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Personally, i found the concept intriguing. I made a custom wizard character to keep in the inn with very low combat stats that is pretty much my personal "scholar" from which Aloth can learn some spells. I also have an enemy grimoire around since i don't have a lot gold to spend so i figured if i want to use the spells (before i get Aloth to learn it latern on) i can switch around before combat.

I don't know how useful this is once you have enough gold to just make Aloth learn all the spells but it's an interesting mechanic that adds a bit of realism if anything.

Hagashager

Educated
You're missing the point, though IHaveHugeNick has been enough of an insulting jackass with me in this thread I'm convinced he's deliberately playing dumb to piss me off.

Finding unique spells isn't the problem. Being forced to use multiple grimoires in battle is. It'd be neat to find unique spells in the overworld that you can copy to your own book.

That's how it works in the first game.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Soy: spend hours carefully picking the best grimoire for each fight
Goy: annihilate basically every endgame encounter with one cast of empowered Witling Wind and move on

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom