Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline RPG Codex's Best RPGs - 2024 - VOTING IS CLOSED

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'll try and write something for Elden Ring. I could write something for Wrath, but haven't because although I have triple digit hours in it, it's mostly from EA and mostly from the first few acts. I've never completed the stupid thing, so if there's a criticism of the late acts (and I'm sure there are many), I wouldn't be aware of it so it'd be an IGN review, not a Codex review. :P

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Butter

Are 2 reviews needed for every single new game? Some of these are really long and if you compare to the 2019 list, sometimes they'd have 3 reviews but combined still the same length or shorter. I think you can get away with it, especially if those voting for games don't feel the need to write a review.
I'm not sure what you're suggesting. The 2019 list is a little inconsistent about review length. Sometimes it's a single paragraph, other times it's several. At 250-350 words, the reviews I've solicited might average longer, but not to an inappropriate degree. I don't mind having 3 shorter reviews instead of 2 longer ones, if people feel intimidated by 250 words.
I was thinking more of a suggestion/getting your thoughts about delaying things due to lack of reviews (i.e. only 1) if that one review is quite long and covers all major aspects.
It's not ideal. I think it's desirable that each game gets more than one perspective, even if both reviewers agree that it's a masterpiece or whatever. But I can live with it if nobody steps up.

By my count, we still lack one review each for Caves of Lore, Wrath of the Righteous, Elden Ring, Avernum: Escape from the Pit, and Colony Ship.
As for colony ship, Beans00 wrote one here so you should have 2 with mine, unless you consider it not positive enough :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom