Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Icewind Dale The Icewind Dale Series Thread

Kevlor

Literate
Absolute legend. I found this post:

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/icewind-dale-i-icewind-dale-ii-mod-thread.91645/post-4898445

But now I want it for the dialog box too... might delve into how to do that later... could there be a modding guide for the widescreen mod perchance?
aqwAYDY.png

Kevlor

Literate
Well I found how... guess it's just a matter of editing the images... I will try to mirror the pattern symmetrically across the y axis to see if it looks better... thank you for the pointer!

S4D5gtG.png

Kevlor

Literate
Well I did something quick and dirty... the community has made some great tools... if I do something more involved I will be sure to post the files here.

9R8NWKj.png

agris

Arcane
Patron
cGaZkEd.png

Hi I am new, I am running the original game from gog with the widescreen mod at 1280 x 720(2x integer scaling for 1440p res), it looks great except for the UI on the sides seems to be repeating and looks ugly, is there a way to make it look nicer? Thanks!
That doesn’t look right, it looks like you’re playing in straight 2560x1440 not the 1280 variant. If you get 1280 working correctly the font will be larger and UI tiling diminished

Kevlor

Literate
Hmm I didn't install the font enlarger because I can read it just fine on my monitor... actual 1440p just turns the game into SimAnts.

GWIn4Wo.png

Also thanks ghostdog I can finally play the game without getting distracted by OCD lol. 720p with integer scaling is the perfect resolution for playing these games in 1440p or 4k screens. O.O

Melcar

Arcane
Hmm I didn't install the font enlarger because I can read it just fine on my monitor... actual 1440p just turns the game into SimAnts.

GWIn4Wo.png

Also thanks ghostdog I can finally play the game without getting distracted by OCD lol. 720p with integer scaling is the perfect resolution for playing these games in 1440p or 4k screens. O.O
It is. That's how I play nearly all my 2D pixel games from those days. FO, FO2, FOT, Arcanum, ToEE, IWDII. Recently uninstalled BGEE and BGIIEE and reinstalled the originals (no mods aside fixes) and that's how I play them too. IWDEE I still have because fuck game balance. Some of the BGII kits are rather fun to play.

Kevlor

Literate
Yup, there was a weird time when resolutions got ever higher and the addition of widescreen made it a bit confusing what was the best way to run the games but now resolutions got so high you can run the games at 2x scale and with integer scaling available at the driver level they look better than ever. I am just running the fixpack too and it's taken me back to 2000. Just need to experiment with other wrappers... the one that comes with the gog version makes scrolling kinda wonky but no big deal. Also wanted to line up all the UI elements and make it look nicer but the game is so good I can't put it down for now lol. Also forgot how hard and strategic it was. Had a blast killing Yxunomei!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom