Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Talos Principle 2

3 others

Scholar
But Talos 2 is on par with the original (although not as great as Gehenna). The puzzles are overall better but the characters worse.

It also costs less than the threepwoodian $20 in steam at this moment. I don't see what's the big issue.

racofer

Thread Incliner
every review i read says it's worse than the original, therefore makes no sense to pay more than i did for the original
It's worse than the original. The characters are not as good, the hubs are mostly empty, and the "mystery" is not on par with Talos 1. Some puzzle areas at the late game were clearly rushed with solutions so simple it felt like you got back to the tutorials, and you notice it.

Still, the new mechanics are good and the majority of puzzles are also good; just not as good as in the original game.

It also manages to look worse most of the time while requiring 5x as much computing power to run, but that's Unreal Engine 5 for you.

I recommend waiting for the full version of the game with the DLC and buy it at a discount. It might even come to GOG by then. Get the "demo" in the meantime or replay the original.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Just finished it. Puzzles are pretty good but the story makes no goddamn sense. This is nothing remotely near the level of the original, I was expecting some massive SYKE! PLOT TWIST! at the end but this has nothing like that. It's just a bunch of boring philosophical mumbo jumbo.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
One expanded note on the writing and storytelling in this game. I wrote before that "the core flaw of the game is that you're supposedly being prodded towards making a monumental choice between two fundamentally different future visions for the society and one of them is so presented obviously correct it makes Bioshock's save/harvest dichotomy seem like a well-nuanced masterpiece.".

Basically this. The "moral dilemma" as about as subtle as kill a puppy vs save a puppy

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom