Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Ash

Arcane
What can I say, since I'd already downloaded the stupid master chief collection, there was no harm in at least looking at it.

But now that I'm done with it, I can finally proceed to Ashes 2063, which I've had my eyes on for a while.

Wow an actual good video game. Enjoy the stark quality difference. Episode 2 is where things get really good. :salute:

Too bad you'll continue to ignore the actual good console shooters and carry on thinking the PC sellout Halo is representative of them, but it is what it is.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I learned that when using that FO2 restoration thingy that brought back the Durlag Tower style dungeon. It really does not fit. Modders have to be reminded that, sometimes, stuff is left in the cutting room floor for a reason. Although the blame in this case lies on the devs, who don't clean up their code.
The EPA?
What's wrong with it?
Some cool gear in there, including a syringe that permanently increases your Agility by 1.
Also some cool companions, namely Kitsune and Cat Jules.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm giving up on Caves of Lore. I did not play that much but it did not click. Art direction is ok despite those fat pixels, and there is for sure a decent game beneath all the jank, but I've come to realize I don't care much for party-based RPG where I need to babysit all the characters, in particular when the UI does not make any sense and keeps getting in the way. Nothing was pressing me to push further on, and it felt sloggish many times. Hard pass on this one for now.

Krivol

Magister
You can't.
I stand corrected, excuse me for the mistake! Great work with Et Tu!

lol no. Even Fixt "purist" changes lots of stuff here and there.
lol no. Vanilla it is although there could be tech problems running it on modern systems.
Ehhh... honestly I haven't played fixt for ages, I thought it was just a bugfix and HD support. Et Tu for convenience, and Vanilla for vanilla then.

Naraya

Arcane
Continuing my previous post...

...finished The Aielund Saga yesterday. What an epic journey, just wow. I probably am still in a honeymoon phase with NWN or something, but it's one of the best pieces of user-made content (created by one guy!) that I played. Easy 5/5.

- rescue a Princess (who may become your bride)? Check.
- spaceships? Check.
- epic battles? Check.
- lots and lots of dungeoneering? Check.
- memorable companions (one of which becomes a freaking angel)? Check.
- visiting Hell and Heaven? Check.

sqGtkBQ.jpeg

UA04lFu.jpeg

Last edited:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
So I discovered that Fixt removes that exploit where you take drugs to meet perk requirements, which means no Bonus Rate of Fire for me.
On the bright side, I finally got my hands on a minigun and holy shit it slaps in Fallout 1. Complete upgrade to the flamethrower. It even has 35 range, which is pretty OP.
In tactics it was pretty mediocre but in FO1 it's a good weapon. I'll tag energy weapons next so I can use the glock 86 as a backup weapon and try out the gatling laser.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
So I discovered that Fixt removes that exploit where you take drugs to meet perk requirements, which means no Bonus Rate of Fire for me.
On the bright side, I finally got my hands on a minigun and holy shit it slaps in Fallout 1. Complete upgrade to the flamethrower. It even has 35 range, which is pretty OP.
In tactics it was pretty mediocre but in FO1 it's a good weapon. I'll tag energy weapons next so I can use the glock 86 as a backup weapon and try out the gatling laser.
I never use the Gatling Laser much, but it's a really cool weapon.
Has that really nice firing sound, not to mention it's a CHAINGUN THAT FIRES LASERS!
Though the Turbo Plasma Rifle is still King in Fallout.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I never use the Gatling Laser much, but it's a really cool weapon.
Has that really nice firing sound, not to mention it's a CHAINGUN THAT FIRES LASERS!
Though the Turbo Plasma Rifle is still King in Fallout.
Yeah, fast shot is pretty good with TPR too.
Fast shot + BRoF means 2AP plasma shots. You don't need aimed shots if you're shooting 5 times a turn dealing on average 50+ damage at a time. That's not even factoring in crits.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Argh, almost two hours in Clock Clock Wood, could not find the last two notes and last jigsaw. That the cartridge does not save locations of notes found so that you can get the remaining ones next time is annoying. So, with only the end game left, my completion for Banjo Kazooie this time is...

Gruntilda's Lair: 10/10 jigsaw pieces
Mumbo's Mountain: 100/100 notes, 10/10 jigsaw pieces, 2/2 honeycombs
Treasure Trove Cove: 100/100 notes, 10/10 jigsaw pieces, 0/2 honeycombs
Clanker's Cavern: 100/100 notes, 10/10 jigsaw pieces, 2/2 honeycombs
Bubblegloop Swamp: 100/100 notes, 10/10 jigsaw pieces, 1/2 honeycombs
Freezeezy Peak: 100/100 notes, 10/10 jigsaw pieces, 2/2 honeycombs
Gobi's Valley: 100/100 notes, 8/10 jigsaw pieces, 1/2 honeycombs
Mad Monster Mansion: : 87/100 notes, 9/10 jigsaw pieces, 2/2 honeycombs
Rusty Bucket Bay: 89/100, 9/10 jigsaw pieces, 1/2 honeycombs
Click Clock Wood: 98/100, 9/10 jigsaw pieces, 1/2 honeycombs

Ezekiel

Arcane
Check the analog movement from almost any game that generation (Banjo Kazooie included) and you will find a full range. Check the analog movement from almost any game now (except Nintendo's) and you will only find two speeds. Certainly because they spend so much money on motion-captured animations now.

Cogemesiter

Literate
In between revisiting Path of Achra(just left early access btw) i have just completed the original Halo: Combat Evolved using Xemu emulator with a gamepad.
xemuSb9sfLu1rP.png

Level design is indeed not very good with the Library and it's neverending copypasted corridors and constant hordes of Flood teleporting out of nowhere being the worst offender.
PewPew-ing aliens on the other hand feels great. I love how expressive the Covenant is with Grunts getting batshit scared if you're killing their squadmates or Elites getting angry when you destroy their shields or laughing if they manage to get Master Chief. Also noticed that their AI is smart enough to know how to use any avaliable cover, to flank you or throw a plasma grenade if you're trying to camp them behind a door. Fighting them is a joy.
It's also one of those games where i actually didn't mind having AI companions. With the exception of that mission where you need to protect admiral "i love standing in front of Needlers" Keyes i never felt that marines were a hindrance or anything. Quite the opposite, they were quite helpful in those missions where you're fighting together and i usually tried to keep them alive if i could. I also like how they're doing a little "Hooray!" each time you're jumping on a warthog.

Is it a great game? - Yep, i think it is.
Would i have bought the original XBox in the early 2000s if i could just so i could play Halo? - No, i doubt it.
How are you liking Path of Achra? The game looks like a very simple ToME with no questing or anything just crafting and coming up with builds.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
"The Gatekeeper's evil face is splattered all over the place. As its tattered corpse collapses, an inverted gate forms and sucks down the shards of the last prototype accelerator, not to mention the few remaining demons.
You're done. Hell has gone back to pounding bad dead folks instead of good live ones. Remember to tell your grandkids to put a rocket launcher in your coffin. If you go to Hell when you die, you'll need it for some final cleaning-up..."

And with that Plutonia is done.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Yeah, I nuked the two guards at the Cathedral Vault gate with it. Just deleted them. What's really funny is that the RL has such huge knockback that if it doesn't kill the target they have to waste AP walking to where they got hit. Then you hit them again.

The only real problem with my build is that I can't pick up that much loot because I have so much ammo and big guns weapons are so heavy.
I had to leave behind a gatling laser :/
Maybe I'll use enough ammo to be able to pick it up on the way out. I still have to do Mariposa afterwards.

jackofshadows

Magister
Seems like Fixt broke something. Test some more to deterine whichever it's DT or DR. When you play vanilla agaisnt gatling in PA it's usually either no damage or crit.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Might be DR. When I took Psycho it went down to more manageable levels. Miniguns still deal no damage, it's just the gatling laser that seems to be dealing quite a bit of damage.
Still managed to kill the master in the end though. I think I used about 8 EMP grenades on him and then shot him with the gatling laser a couple of times.

Edit : Found the Change log. Even though it gives vanilla values in the UI, the changelog said that the Laser DT and DR has been reduced to 14 and 60% respectively. Well that's annoying.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Other thing that Fixt changes that's incredibly annoying; Paladins will follow you into mariposa, but due to the area's layout will stop you from leaving elevators. I had to kill them to get free.
Anyway, still trying how to get GOG galaxy to work with Viva New Vegas so I can track playtime and achievements. Using the Bat and exe trick didn't work, I might have to just dump everything in NV's data folder at this rate.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Other thing that Fixt changes that's incredibly annoying; Paladins will follow you into mariposa, but due to the area's layout will stop you from leaving elevators. I had to kill them to get free.
Anyway, still trying how to get GOG galaxy to work with Viva New Vegas so I can track playtime and achievements. Using the Bat and exe trick didn't work, I might have to just dump everything in NV's data folder at this rate.
I like the infiltration option more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom