Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wheel of Time FPS

Phelot

Arcane
I liked this game a lot. It was kinda cool playing as an older woman (at least she seemed old to me) and it made good use of the Unreal Engine. Really good game with great atmosphere and some pretty diverse gameplay.

BTW, has anything else ever been done gamewise with the Wheel of Time universe? Is anything even planned? It seems like an interesting universe.

Balor

Arcane
There are plenty of MUDs. Some of them are really good, I've heard.
Otherwise, nothing solid I've heard of.

And besides, it would be better to wait for series to be over before making a game based on it.
After all, I think it's only a year or so.

And besides, given the huuuge scope of it, computers can benefit from additonal hardware.

Erebus

Arcane
Is there plenty of heavy-handed BDSM in the game ? Because it's not really the Wheel of Time if there isn't.

Andhaira

Arcane
It was pretty dumb of them to make a shooter when the genre is screaming for an rpg, or at least an action rpg with strong adventure elements. Or at the least make an action adventure.

Buit no they went for a FPS.

As a FPS it wasn't bad through. Great graphics for the day and good gameplay. The multiplayer especialy was fun due to the different weaves available adn how they cancelled each other out.

Luzur

Good Sir
there was talk of a boardgame once by Jordan, but since hes dead now i believe it wont happen.

Phelot

Arcane
I didn't even realize he was dead! I've never really been to much into the universe apart from that game. I never read any of the books, but I did read his little comic mini series and I've downloaded a few of the P&P but never played it.

From what I've read, it seems like it'd be a cool setting.

SilentMRG

Literate
It has been on GOG since 2022 and, for some reason, requires an (arbitrary) video codec to be installed in order for the FMVs to be displayed.

"What do you mean by 'arbitrary'?" It means that they could have made a way for the game to use one of the many usual video codecs from the K-Lite Codec Pack, just to give an example. Instead the game uses a video codec that only serves it and nothing else, and if I'm not mistaken it was developed by Apple.

The game is also not optimized for D3D, so "AppCrash" and fps drops will be in the way. The best renderer will be 3dfx-Glide through nGlide. With this backend, the game will run like a charm.

Anyway, the new publisher appears to be Nightdive Studios. Unfortunately, they didn't put much effort into this re-release.
:d1p::outrage:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom