Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yet Another Morrowind Thread

Saldrone

Novice
imagen.png

CHEMS

Scholar
mwse due to poisoning stuff
Nice, poison crafting is a great mod. I recommend using The Art of Alchemy along with it

As for economics overhaul, i use these:

Buying Game Updated
Harder Barter
Cheaper Enchanting Service
Silver Tongue
Enchantment Services Redone - ESR

Those mods will overhaul how the economy works, mercantile will actually be an important skill. Restocking goods no longer restock instantly, they take time now, so no more cheesing the mechanic. Items that you'd sell for thousands of gold will net you only a few hundred or a few thousand if your disposition/skill is very hard. There's also mechanics introducing supply and demand, so you can use regional scarcity to your favor and get better prices.

The Cheaper Enchanting Service and ESR mods are there to make the services usable. With the economic overhaul is just impossible to get 100k for a simple enchantment at the mages guild, those mods makes the service price match the new economy settings

Silver Tongue tweaks speechcraft since you'll want more disposition to get better prices
nothing is stopping you from casting 100 charm for 2 seconds though

CHEMS

Scholar
Well, those economy mods that i posted makes looting so much more rewarding

Morrowind's vanilla economy is a fucking joke

Also forgot to mention: with buying game trying to sell ebony, skooma, moon sugar, dwemer stuff to a regular shopkeep will result in a bounty since those are illegal items. Sell that shit to a cat or any other shady people. That's another thing that the original game overlooked

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
sold everything in starting town, couldnt affort entry level mortar&pestle.
yeah i stole instead master/gm pieces immediately but still...
Lowest lockpick is 100gold.

I dont think that using trainers will be an issue at all

CHEMS

Scholar
sold everything in starting town, couldnt affort entry level mortar&pestle.
yeah i stole instead master/gm pieces immediately but still...
Lowest lockpick is 100gold.

I dont think that using trainers will be an issue at all
Glad you liked it

Be sure to try out the art of alchemy too, btw rate my crib and the poisons i'm able to make

The keg underneath the table is the Stockpile Keg mod, a must for alchemist and poison makers, it will store all your components and has autostock and retrieve features. For the furniture i use the furniture catalog mod and perfect placement

17whda.png

d23e1g.png

6rhocc.png

tcepay.png

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Did anyone tried a mod that modifies the RNG combat system making always-accurate attacks? Not interested but i wonder how it would break the game
playing right now with realistic archery.
Your ranged attacks always hits but sway is unpredictable. Its quite impossible to hit something at range early game in fact, dunno how it gets later on. Mod itself gives you a bunch of sliders to play with, seems like default noise is at 10 degrees max.

It also reduces your damage at point blank - for balance reasons. I quite like it, forces to switch to melee.

And all of this applies to enemies too. So far I love this.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
found a funny bug, for conjurer mage guild advancement, alchemy skill is not recognized at all. Only for that rank though

deuxhero

Arcane
The vanilla weapons actually have some conscious balance/differentiation choices around it. It's therefore extremely unfortunate this is never cleanly communicated to the player. Making things worse, for the AI it is random.

Yosharian

Arcane
Nice, poison crafting is a great mod. I recommend using The Art of Alchemy along with it

Buying Game Updated
Harder Barter
Cheaper Enchanting Service
Silver Tongue
Enchantment Services Redone - ESR

Those mods will overhaul how the economy works, mercantile will actually be an important skill. Restocking goods no longer restock instantly, they take time now, so no more cheesing the mechanic. Items that you'd sell for thousands of gold will net you only a few hundred or a few thousand if your disposition/skill is very hard. There's also mechanics introducing supply and demand, so you can use regional scarcity to your favor and get better prices.

The Cheaper Enchanting Service and ESR mods are there to make the services usable. With the economic overhaul is just impossible to get 100k for a simple enchantment at the mages guild, those mods makes the service price match the new economy settings

Silver Tongue tweaks speechcraft since you'll want more disposition to get better prices
nothing is stopping you from casting 100 charm for 2 seconds though
Sigourn any of these good for Sharp?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
anyone with experience on bound weapons/armor mods?

some background: if i were to name the most annoying playstyle, it would be heavy armor + marksman + alchemy due to sheer annoyance of weight limit.
Yes, i was cheating the system so far with mods.

However now im thinking about disabling all the weight cheats by reducing the weight, while keeping my character relatively magic illiterate.

As such im thinking about running dagger+bow alchemist, in cloths, using bound equipment.
Quick look shows that there are mods which add missing bound armor pieces, other take care of bound armaments not being properly recognized as light armor.
Bound arrows appear to be wonky when looking at mods description...
Mid game would wear single jewelry having constant effect on all the bound stuff, early game would rely on time limited ones.

It would also reduce weight of hammers and need for armorer skill

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom