Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A couple of guides/videos/reviews of classic RPG etc games

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
A small bit:

If I click on Recent Articles -> DivDiv Review, I get to the review, the first sentence of which is "At least that's what the game box says." It's confusing if you don't know that the review is also reachable from the "Divine Divinity Index" page, with the heading "The best thing to come out in Belgium after Beer".

jefklak

Scholar
Ryuken said:
Great to see you get some recognition, Jefpet. :wink: Keep on going with that site.

Why it's Ryuken! Still alive, are you? :)

sheek -
> the bullet scheme is located in the tarant gun shop. Never buy bullets, money waster :) You can find the ingredients on various locations!
> melee should be kept for your party members, otherwise you'll run out of skill points to use! This already is a critical case for me: electricity (charged rings for faster shooting), explsives, creating my own gun barrel, ...
> I still say ditch Virgil. You NEED healing. Or wait, get both jayna and virgil? But virgil sucks ass in melee combat. Get worhtless mug! altough that's mid to late game...

jefklak

Scholar
Elwro said:
A small bit:

If I click on Recent Articles -> DivDiv Review, I get to the review, the first sentence of which is "At least that's what the game box says." It's confusing if you don't know that the review is also reachable from the "Divine Divinity Index" page, with the heading "The best thing to come out in Belgium after Beer".

I was working on that review, it should be done now, recheck! I'll add an extra link just for you ;)

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
jefklak said:
I was working on that review, it should be done now, recheck! I'll add an extra link just for you ;)
I think we misunderstood each other a bit. I wanted to say that if someone starts with e.g. the MMVII article:

http://www.jefklak.com/Guides/MightAndMagic7

and then clicks on the "DivDiv Review" button, he'll get here:

http://www.jefklak.com/Reviews/DivineDivinity

and either something is wrong with my eyes, or he'll have no idea what you're referring to in the first sentence.

(I've cleared the cache.)

I'd suggest giving the first paragraph of the actual review the appropriate heading.

Thumbs up, BTW! :D Keep working on the site!

edit: In the MMVII article: "First Person RPG Games at it's best" - it should be "its".

jefklak

Scholar
Elwro: what about now?

By the way, thank you all for the immensive reads and positive feedback! Yesterday 1400 different IPs surfed all to www.jefklak.com - this number may not be high for some of you but it is for me :) Expect the next article within six hours. And please, again - if someone would like to help, this is your chance! I can't possibly manage by myself... At least not long-term.

Ladonna

Arcane
Worthless dog can be gotten as soon as you can afford the train ticket. I wouldn't walk it early until you have the dog in your party though.

Texas Red

Whiner
Ladonna said:
Worthless dog can be gotten as soon as you can afford the train ticket. I wouldn't walk it early until you have the dog in your party though.

I heard the dog is cheese. Makes the game too easy.

Can anyone tell me if the throwing bug is fixed(unlimited points)?

jefklak

Scholar
The Walkin' Dude, the dog is cheese: master melee, kicks everyone's ass multiple times. I don't even need to put any bullets into my elephant gun. Pfrt.

Elwro - uploaded :)
Edit: please click the banner for more information! >>

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom