Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Amiga, Commodore and creativity

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
ySLs9gc.png

(source)

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Though I enjoyed it and completed it, Buck Rogers Countdown To Doomsday on my C64 was the first game I ever played where I didn't feel that absolute compulsion that I did in every game I played before to explore every single nook and cranny and out of the way place. In fact, I remember taking shortcuts to finish the game quicker, something I would have never done a couple of years ealier with PoR where I wanted to see EVERYTHING, and did.

Ladonna

Arcane
Did you get an a500 mini but secretly wonder what you are going to do with it (because you have a real Amiga/emulation on your pc/whatever)?

Well, just turn it into an all round games emulator while keeping the a500 part intact.

https://github.com/emuchicken/pandory-a500/releases

Pandory500 v2 is a soft-mod for The A500 Mini console allowing you to run many more emulators and programs.​

The soft-mod itself works completely from USB-stick. It does not modify your system in any way.​

With a little work, you can be playing games from any of the 80's or 90's consoles, computers, etc on your a500 mini, even dosbox staging is there.

A horse of course

Does anyone here have access to the book "A Gremlin in the Works" by Bitmap Books, which catalogues the history of Gremlin Interactive/Gremlin Graphics?

I've been trying to find some information about HeroQuest II and noticed in some reviews of the book that it shows some cover art from the game, though one of the images doesn't appear to have been released to the public and may be from an early version of the game. Unfortunately the book was only released as a hardcover with a free pdf addition, which I'm certainly not having shipped to China. If anyone has access to the hardcover or the pdf, send me a PM if you have a few minutes to spare to find some info out for me.

EDIT: Thanks to Unkillable Kraut for looking up the info for me

Last edited by a moderator:
i just watched some "top 300 amiga games". well, it was all over the place, with stuff like starglider 2, frontier and wings around place 200, other cinemaware games nowhere to be found, or sensible soccer 100 positions above sensible world of soccer 93. that's not the point. i noticed how some games were absolute, objectively massive jewels, only limited by the technology available. the already mentioned starglider 2 and frontier (no, don't be fooled, elite dangerous is a remake of the first elite) were technological marvels which in a perfect world would deserve to be remade and put on par with today's computing power. not only in their graphics.
armour geddons, deuteros, simant/earth/life, hunter, carrier comman- alright, i changed my mind. mala tempora currunt!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom