Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Are you for 2FA or against it?

Are you for or against the new 2FA approach?

• I am for it (I just can't get enough of Big Brother shit in modern life)

• I am against it (I still remember the early days of Internet)

• Regardless of my vote above, I am ALSO for tarring and feathering Crispy (two choices alowed)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just to get a statistical idea of how Codexers feel about these developments

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
1. Capitalizing "Big Brother" is questionable, at best

2. Capitalizing "Internet" is hilariously unnecessary and wrong

3. The word 'allowed' is not spelled "alowed"

4. Your obsession with me is reaching levels requiring intervention

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I don't really care so I voted solely for tarring and feathering crispy in lieu of a kingcomrade option.:balance:

Stop digging yourself in deeper, crispy. You pointed out 2 correct things as errors in a transparent effort to gaslight the spotlight from privacy issues to your stupidity.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
You seem to be upset that I response-trolled you after you trolled me ITT.

Are you going to take your ball away now?

ADL

Prophet
Against it. Shouldn't need to do it because others aren't using password managers and use the same password across the Internet like my grandmother.

Dave the Druid

Educated
1. Capitalizing "Big Brother" is questionable, at best
I don't have a dog in this fight but I just checked my copy of 1984 and Big Brother is capitalized throughout:
Pn5aVsH.png

laclongquan

Arcane
The biggest joke these days is that anyone, using anything, can get away from Big Brothers' careful attention~

So no, these 2FA shit only generate annoyments, not anything useful to warrant its annoying factors~

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Let me tell you all a story. I still keep in touch with my old D&D friends from, I'll just say, Advanced years ago. In discussion, the subject came up of internet scammers, and each person in kind told how their credit card or bank account were ripped off, each to the tune of $250-$700. Now, I work in IT and while I don't get my hands dirty in the unseemly activity of fixing security vulnerabilities, I oversee the remedying them problems as they arise.

These friends know this, but I stopped giving them IT advice a long time ago. Regardless of what I say, the kid at Best Buy or some guy in their factory will contradict me, they'll take his word, and I'll be annoyed. "Huh, is that a fact that you got ripped off, right after your bank sent you an email telling you about a scam! And they asked you to click a link and log on to check your balance, you say!? Wow! That's one crazy coincidence that you got dinged about the same time the bank tried to warn you about those shysters!"

I have 2FA on every major account. I have no pity for folks who don't. Don't turn it on, see if I care!

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I have 2FA on every major account. I have no pity for folks who don't. Don't turn it on, see if I care!
2FA ? Pff, loser. I use 3FA on all my accounts, my car, my house and my dog.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom