Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Oh no no no dragon's dogma bros?

afbeelding.png

BG3 just keeps on winning

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Oh no no no dragon's dogma bros?

afbeelding.png

BG3 just keeps on winning

Many people like DD2 but is not buying it due the microtransaction hell + denuvo + other stuff.

While DD2 launched with 21 DLC's to buy, BG3 :

Larian Started Work on Baldur's Gate 3 DLC, Then Canceled It: 'The Studio Was Elated'​

https://www.ign.com/articles/larian...-3-dlc-then-canceled-it-the-studio-was-elated

What I think that Larian could do is to as DLC is to "homebrew" DOS1/2 skills as subclasses and spells or abilities for 5e.

Larian could homebrew "Hidrosophist" skills from DOS1, making a wizard or sorcerer subclass, pick the novice tier skill and making it tier 1/2 spells. Picking the adept and making it tier 3/4 spells and the Master skills become tier 5/6 spells.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/4195740093435667887
Hotfix #24 Now Live!
Version Number: 4.1.1.5009956

Hello everyone,

We’re continuing to improve stability and performance in Baldur’s Gate 3 and have another small hotfix going live today that addresses some bugs and performance issues!

Unable to Short Rest? A bug was preventing some players from taking a Short Rest when having added and then dismissed Us with a companion party member, before then loading certain savegames. We've had some kind but firm words with this adorable intellect devourer, and power naps are now back on the schedule.

Mac players, we have now resolved an issue introduced in a previous Hotfix that was causing performance and FPS drops on the platform. Update your game with this latest hotfix, and check that you are on version 4.1.1.5009956!

As with previous updates, if you’re experiencing any issues after installing this latest hotfix, please check whether the issue persists with all mods uninstalled. If you continue to experience this issue after uninstalling mods, please contact our support team and submit a full report to help us solve your issue.

We continue to work on further fixes and patches, but in the meantime, thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3!

FIXES
  • Fixed a crash that could occur after the cinematic that plays when transitioning from Act II to Act III.
  • Fixed an issue preventing you from taking a Short Rest when having added and dismissed Us with a companion party member and then loaded certain savegames.
  • Fixed Us appearing at camp and near other waypoints when that didn't make sense.
  • Fixed an issue introduced in Hotfix 21 causing reduced performance on Mac.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
https://www.gamefile.news/p/baldurs-gate-iii-interview-michael-douse

In a conversation with Game File, Larian’s head of publishing, Micheal Douse, shared that the studio probably won’t go public, even though the decision doesn’t necessarily fall on his shoulders. When asked about his thoughts on the current state of the game industry (everything is on fire, in case you missed it), Douse likened large, publicly held companies to an “oil [tanker]” that’s increasingly hard to steer. The strength of Larian, he says, is that they are “nimble and opportunistic,” allowing them to respond to challenges on the fly and pivot whenever necessary.

“We’re really lean and nimble and opportunistic, and I think we like to work with new data daily. None of the shit that we did in the publishing team was planned years in advance. And I think that’s also true for the development team. If you asked us what Baldur’s Gate III would look like, how much it would cost and how it would feel three years ago, I wouldn’t know…We’re just nimble. Being nimble is key. Big companies are not nimble.”

According to Douse, being nimble granted the studio the ability to make the game they wanted to make, which might not have been a reality if they were a public and much larger company. Now that they’ve found success with Baldur’s Gate 3, he says, they could go public and make a lot of money, “but it would be antithetical to the quality part of what we’re trying to do. So it wouldn’t make our games better. It would just make us rushed.”

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Public in name only in the BlackRock/401K era in any event.

Maybe dial back the old opportunism a little lest you end up in the same place by another name.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I've lost several hundred hours, mainly in Early Access. I played from the premiere, I stopped at the second act. So I started the second game, and again I stopped at the second act.

Any words of encouragement?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I've lost several hundred hours, mainly in Early Access. I played from the premiere, I stopped at the second act. So I started the second game, and again I stopped at the second act.

Depends what you like in the game. I personally din't liked the first chapter but the second chapter was my favorite.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Depends what you like in the game. I personally din't liked the first chapter but the second chapter was my favorite.

Interesting. Why? For me, in chapter two, the gameplay and the world start to diverge more and more from the plot. Normally this is not a problem for me, but here we have a very strong narrative emphasis, so it is obviously quite important.

In addition, Mithara's presence in the team is very strange, as if she lacked content and consistency.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Modron

Arcane
Just started a new playthrough, this time evil with my human Warlock Corzen, who I tried to make as stereotypically evil as I could.
NRiqWQ0.png
You really made your character look like he fits into Larian's Baldur's Gate, I can see him telling you in conversation about being born a woman.

Old Hans

Arcane
Just started a new playthrough, this time evil with my human Warlock Corzen, who I tried to make as stereotypically evil as I could.
NRiqWQ0.png
You forgot the eye patch and fancy hat
which reminds me this game doesn't even let you have eye patches. the NPCs have all these cool armor sets and accessories, and the game is like "nah dude you're going to be wearing gear that looks like the same crap you bought at the opening of act 1"

Desiderius

Patron

Good choice

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I rolled a Seldarine drow intended to play as a swashbuckler with rapier in hand and dueling feat, I want to multiclass into rogue but Im finding hard to justify it since battlemaster fighter lvling has been pretty good so far. Hence im basically distancing from the intended archetype and end up with a plain fencer.
w3mXLo8.jpeg

I think I've should tried bard with rapier proficiency....
Anyways, there's something Im disliking so far: that the narrative is conveyed in a spoonfed way, with the voiceover playing a redundant role while youre visually experiencing some event, or telling you which are the paths and choices you can make before picking your choices. Fortunately is not overly verbose, but I think the way BG3 handles the writing is inferior to crpgs such as Arcanum in that regards . Yet it's a long way ahead, maybe is too soon to judge.

Desiderius

Patron
These games are now designed to default to single-classing to reduce barriers to entry/replayability.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
These games are now designed to default to single-classing to reduce barriers to entry/replayability.
I am not exactly certain how multi-classing is a barrier to entry though. On that line I don't think even Pathfinder is designed around multi classing unless you are extremely fixated on absolute optimum gameplay.

Desiderius

Patron
I am not exactly certain how multi-classing is a barrier to entry though. On that line I don't think even Pathfinder is designed around multi classing unless you are extremely fixated on absolute optimum gameplay.
Because getting the right mix in rulesets where it was rewarded was a laborious process and/or you had to look them up on Gamefaqs and you didn't really have enough info to evaluate your options. At least with Gamefaqs you usually had some autist who'd played the game in depth but now with Fextradeath et al you've got some ethical journoclown who plays a game a week and is talking out xir's ass.

Multiclassing... isn't really rewarded in these newer rulesets but grognards are set in their ways so keep beating their heads against that wall, usually fruitlessly. Time is better spent learning each class and how to get the most out of its development and mastering party dynamics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom