Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Broken Roads - turn-based Australian post-apocalyptic RPG with "unique morality system"

DemonKing

Arcane
Reviewers are being abnormally savage with this one. Did someone not get paid?
It was the same when Australia bid for the soccer World Cup - millions of dollars invested in the bid but then they neglected to bribe the FIFA delegates…

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
1712798170408.png

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, RIP. Dont make a crpg as your first project.

Not a rule.

The devs got negative feedback from the demo but they decided to ignore it while they enjoyed the slurping from their twitter echo chamber.

Now, reality is coming back to bite them cause they are woke imbeciles. This kind of devs will ultimately fail regardless of what game they develop.

just

Liturgist
game looks pretty nice, at least to me
too bad about everything else

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It always makes me sad when an ambitious rpg from a small indie studio fails. There's a shortage of new ideas in the genre and it seemed like they had some.

I guess I'll buy it after many patches (if they even care to patch the game) and at a 60%+ discount, just to try out the morality compass thingie.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
From day one this was obvious that it's gonna be WOKE garbage. WOKE means more then just niggers and trannies. It means incompetence, it means shit writing, it means literally retarded game design, it means 0 difficulty, it means dingos eating your baby

Infinitron must be autistic or Evil Retard Jew. WTF are you nigga with all these "citation needed" ratings when people celebrate yet another woke turd being flushed? Tell me, Oh! Allmighty OneEyed Yid, what is WOKE if this game isn't

Please, do tell, cause YOU ALLMIGHTY JUDGE OF WHAT IS REASONABLE AND WHAT IS CHUD CRINGE-RAGE, you and only you son of wise God Gamer King Solomon, you are THE ONLY arbiter of WOKE vs BASED. Gatekeeper of reasonable discussion, and every reasonable participant in reasonable discussion has donated money to Israel. To not do so would make one unreasonable, oy vey

Now give me more goyslop and call it healthy entertainment diet... Fffuck you bre. And this shitty little half-game made by half-brains from down under donkey's ass

sosmoflux

Educated
So what's the go here?
Hasn't this been in EA for years?
I haven't read this thread but is this a surprise flop or has the codex been trying to tell them how to save it?

Be Kind Rewind

Educated
Zionist Agent
Buck Broken Roads... Is it worth a buy? Let's read the words... the words... the words... of the developer.

Drop Bear Bytes would like to acknowledge the Wadawurrung people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which this game is made, and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and emerging.

*Bell ding* Guys, what the fuck? If the devs are going to make a big deal out of being evil bastards living on stolen land and oppressing the friendly petrol huffing rocket scientists that it belongs to, then an aboriginal Serb like me is going to do the right thing and steal the game for social justice reasons, that is if I was actually interested in playing it to begin with, which I'm not.

84lWwMb.png

Literal state funded Aussie propaganda, from the coffers of Qween's Land to a shittier Dicksuck Elysium ripoff available in stores now. *Bell ding* And they're demanding a fortune for it, for a sub-7 hour "game" propaganda shitshow, that's all about delegitimatizing their nation state. Guys, you can't make this shit up.

Then there is the morality system. You're not going to believe how retarded this is. So there are four "moral alignments" and they're all cuckold ideology. You can be either Utilitarian, Humanist, Nihilist or Machiavellian, but the writers have no idea what any of those actually mean in practice and actual moral systems with a solid foundation, real morality, are mysteriously absent. *Bell ding* One of the worst influences on the RPG genre with all his larping bullshit, that retard Richard Garriott, somehow made a game that dealt with morality better than this goyslop. *Starts laughing uncontrollably.* Richard fucking Garriott did morality better. *Several bell dings, sounds of the bell falling off the table.*

Avoid.

FueNiEZ.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So what's the go here?
I haven't read this thread but is this a surprise flop or has the codex been trying to tell them how to save it?
This game never had an Early Access release. Although there was a demo during last summer's Steam Next Fest.

Litmanen

Educated
So what's the go here?
The codex was waiting for its failure for a long time.

Now they are having a party over reviews. The same reviews they do not take in account for other games.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So what's the go here?

Now they are having a party over reviews. The same reviews they do not take in account for other games.
There is a lesson here: don't expect neither consistency nor integrity from Codexers, especially those of a "cultural warrior" variety.

Litmanen

Educated
So what's the go here?

There is a lesson here: don't expect neither consistency nor integrity from Codexers, especially those of a "cultural warrior" variety.
Yeah, I had already learnt thie lesson here. It's something you understand after 22 seconds in the forum.

Please, don't use the word "culture" and its derivates here. It's a little bit creepy

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom