Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Call of Saregnar - a Betrayal at Krondor-inspired RPG

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
The weather schedule is generated once you start a new game, and the game sticks to it throughout the adventure. So yes, the weather is dynamic.

I got/had plans to include weather readers (weathermen of sorts) etc, so they could predict the weather for you. The weather was supposed to impact travel etc. It definitely plays a role in the story too, so... we'll see how far I'll be taking it.

garren

Arcane
Patron
I hope there's some "darker" or grimy overworld towns or locations too, so far what I've seen in the demo and screenshots, everything looks quite pretty and serene. The first time you step into Silden or in the Northlands in Krondor you just feel this place is trouble. The soundtrack of course makes a big difference too.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
The weather schedule is generated once you start a new game, and the game sticks to it throughout the adventure. So yes, the weather is dynamic.

I got/had plans to include weather readers (weathermen of sorts) etc, so they could predict the weather for you. The weather was supposed to impact travel etc. It definitely plays a role in the story too, so... we'll see how far I'll be taking it.

It would be nice to be able to disable weather effects and only keep a weather indicator in a corner of the screen somewhere.
Yeah, i'm one of these weather effects haters. :P

OttoQuitmarck

Educated
I just wish this game didn't have those stupid as hell real human pictures as npcs...
Hi there laddie. You look like you are new around those here parts. Dare to hear a little thing about the lore of the Codex?

Ever heard of the game "Betrayal at Krondor"? You know, from your great grandfather's era.

*unzips his pants*
Yea I know about it. It also looked stupid in that game LOL. It's a design feature that doesn't exist anymore for good reasons.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I just wish this game didn't have those stupid as hell real human pictures as npcs...
Hi there laddie. You look like you are new around those here parts. Dare to hear a little thing about the lore of the Codex?

Ever heard of the game "Betrayal at Krondor"? You know, from your great grandfather's era.

*unzips his pants*
Yea I know about it. It also looked stupid in that game LOL. It's a design feature that doesn't exist anymore for good reasons.
I don't know where you came from but you need to go back

Whipping Post

Educated
I read the title of this thread as Call of Srinagar and was expecting an RPG set in India where your party gets poisoned by curry.

OttoQuitmarck

Educated

*unzips his pants*
I don't know where you came from but you need to go back
:smug:

Modron

Arcane
Only if your player characters are gringos.
Sir! The copium levels are off the charts.
main-qimg-8a5d1969cc102d5c79d772ce8449355a

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom