Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
finished my solo hybrid
solohybridend.png

it annoys me how close biotech was, 15xp away. If i put skill there at char gen id make it. Or if i didnt let scavs in a1 walk away

few fights I had to walk away from:
- belzebub, had to go through vents so was missing too many upgrades. I guess some sneaking would make it so much better here
- mission control robots. Just no way, as explained earlier managed to disable robots with 2 sneak and mk2 cloak
- armory protectors route. Being alone there just didnt cut it for me. Had to side with monks to get them with me. Btw I saw enemies throwing grenades through walls in there
- monks after returning ship to earth. lol

some highlights:
- mission control uber mind fight - returned there with upgraded zen and disposed of enemies easily
- red zone end critters - disposed of floater in single turn, rest was easy
- heart mother fight: 2 smoke and 2 pulse nades. Gas the bottom and stay there. Snap shot energy revolver bang bang. Top enemies can see in fog but I managed to buy enough time
- pit arena - that one is easy for my build. 5 hp regen + energy shield regen and you can endure for as long as you need.
- that fight on top of pit - ran like hell to control room where I made my stand with gas and disruptor

Loved that toxic immunity from heart, really missed ocular mod to reach eye immunity and 100% thermal.
After reaching habitat I never ran out of grenades, was swimming in them actually.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I don't think so, there are some checks where charisma can help but all in all it's not necessary, 9 streetwise/persuasion/impersonate should be enough to finish the game.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I don't think so, there are some checks where charisma can help but all in all it's not necessary, 9 streetwise/persuasion/impersonate should be enough to finish the game.
thanks, i wonder if i can roll sneak+talker to go through content quickly and land that ship

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
thanks, i wonder if i can roll sneak+talker to go through content quickly and land that ship
I've done it and sneak was super fun (especially "To stop the War!" quest). For some reason though

in Launch Deck security room, when I've disabled all turrets/robots thanks to electronics/computers but failed at biotech, poison got released and combat started even though there were no opponents, only my HP were reduced to 1 and all I had to do was to press space and the "fight" was finished. I've been given 4 combat reputation which prevented me getting the achievement of finishing the game without fighting anyone, even though I wasn't. I didn't bother to redo it, it's not worth it.

Elhoim

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Tigranes

Arcane
4 CHA + Squad Leader implant upgrade (MC Shop) => 0 disposition, so it is possible to be a chadump talker.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
anyone encountered a bug when you cant repair romeo?
He is at the state where I cant insert battery, whole mission control is cleared(all levels). Status reports shows that everything is damaged, while i already replaced gyro and head.

Annoying, i might be missing some electronics xp

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
You may be a mouth breather if you play games for the writing.

If social media didn't exist, we would have an entire generation of elite writers exploring new avenues in science fiction and fantasy through the medium of video games.

Social media led directly to this timeline:

1701121772111.png

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
my talking sneaky finished the game, ultimate easy mode.

Still I was not able to land the ship. Does 1st daughter need to be in charge? Meaning that you need both talking and combat skills, so no solo

Jrpgfan

Erudite

Still I was not able to land the ship. Does 1st daughter need to be in charge? Meaning that you need both talking and combat skills, so no solo
Yes. If Great Mother is in charge she won't accept turning off the engines.

I don't know if you can land it if you convinced her 1st daughter was trying to usurp her throne. I think you do.

Alpharius

Scholar
Finished with my (almost) no speech solo blunt murder hobo.
PRpMtSM.jpg

Done all the fights except for the last one vs Ava, haven't managed it yet though i have like 9 pulse 9 stasis nades. And done all stealth stuff except for the church apartments cause guard didn't let me in without 4 impersonate or 5 persuation. :argh:

25 dmg crits from the last two-handed hammer weak point strike against robots and floaters were pretty impressive (had 71% penetration or something). Also murdered 3 dudes in armory fight vs brotherhood with a power maul before the stealth gadget wore off, without sneaking that is. :smug:

Seems like i could have swapped one computers, lockpick, electronics training token for speech skills one and it would have been an ultimate hybrid build.

I don't know if you can land it if you convinced her 1st daughter was trying to usurp her throne. I think you do.
Just tried it, you need to pass 8-9 speech checks with negative reputation for killing the previous mother. Probably possible with initial disposition bonus or good reputation from other quests.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Experiment: 7 Evasion 120 Reaction in Smiles Ambush, solo pistol

Turn 1: 4 reactions, ~25 combined damage
Turn 2: no reactions, because only 2 enemies alive who stayed still and shot Smiles
Turn 3: there is no turn 3

Usefulness of reaction remains unknown

Jrpgfan

Erudite
PRpMtSM.jpg

Done all the fights except for the last one vs Ava, haven't managed it yet though i have like 9 pulse 9 stasis nades. And done all stealth stuff except for the church apartments cause guard didn't let me in without 4 impersonate or 5 persuation. :argh:

25 dmg crits from the last two-handed hammer weak point strike against robots and floaters were pretty impressive (had 71% penetration or something). Also murdered 3 dudes in armory fight vs brotherhood with a power maul before the stealth gadget wore off, without sneaking that is. :smug:

Seems like i could have swapped one computers, lockpick, electronics training token for speech skills one and it would have been an ultimate hybrid build.

Just tried it, you need to pass 8-9 speech checks with negative reputation for killing the previous mother. Probably possible with initial disposition bonus or good reputation from other quests.
I was talking about convincing the Great Mother her daughter is scheming against her during the Heart cell quest.

Alpharius

Scholar
PRpMtSM.jpg

I was talking about convincing the Great Mother her daughter is scheming against her during the Heart cell quest.
Ah, nope afaik you cant. Tried it last time with a full party talker, she just told me to gtfo.

newageofpower

Novice

Turn 2: no reactions, because only 2 enemies alive who stayed still and shot Smiles

I just had Evans crit someone for >40 damage (instantly killing them) on a reaction w/ scoped energy rifle.

Situationally amazing, very late game though

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
PRpMtSM.jpg

Ah, nope afaik you cant. Tried it last time with a full party talker, she just told me to gtfo.
second that, tell great mother what her daughter is scheming, +10 rep, come back later and she is not interested in landing, no checks.
Dunno if its different depending on who you side with. Assuming it doesnt matter one needs proper combat capability. Im curious if anyone gets solo hybrid talker that can achieve that. Here is my char sheet for reference
sneaktalkerend.png

had extra tag that i didnt need for anything, feats too.
was paying close attention, charisma didnt help me with anything, meanwhile I did regret low perception.
Not tagged sneak meant that I had to use cloaking device in places I normally wouldnt, but thats it. Seems like tag isnt needed at all

Hellraiser

Arcane
4 CHA + Squad Leader implant upgrade (MC Shop) => 0 disposition, so it is possible to be a chadump talker.
There are two problems with this.

Squad leader itself is only obtainable in act 1 if you go for a rather challenging fight. The next chance is in act2 a specific branching of the shuttlebay quest, and after that you can get it in a few places in act 3.

You use up an implant slot for a rather meh implant compared to all the others. It's only really worth it IMO if you can have 3 followers from a bare minimum of 6 CHA + magnetic personality or if you have high CON and still a free slot left after already having the really good implants like heart, eye and motor cortex installed.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Sup dexers.
So, I'm going to d 10/10 Dex/Per Dodge This build, but not sure what skills should be tagged. With +1 tagged feat, possibly with Skillmonkey.
If you have exp with this build some tips are apprecited.

Jrpgfan

Erudite

I don't know about pistols, but my Dodge This rifle reaction build lone wolf felt like cheating. Had no trouble doing any encounter in the game. He'd just crit for very high damage everything that moved and/or shot against him. One of the most memorable fights was against Mercy - I just left him standing in the middle of the room and he murdered everyone in like 3 turns without wasting a single AP with movement.

I feel reaction is stronger with solo characters because you have limited AP compared to full party, but it's still useful with a party.

agris

Arcane
Patron

I don't know about pistols, but my Dodge This rifle reaction build lone wolf felt like cheating. Had no trouble doing any encounter in the game. He'd just crit for very high damage everything that moved and/or shot against him. One of the most memorable fights was against Mercy - I just left him standing in the middle of the room and he murdered everyone in like 3 turns without wasting a single AP with movement.

I feel reaction is stronger with solo characters because you have limited AP compared to full party, but it's still useful with a party.
Did you take the +AP on kill feat, and would it trigger on reaction shots giving you more AP at the start of your next turn?

Zanzoken

Arcane
AoD was great for powergaming and looks like CS is too. I always enjoy seeing the wacky but highly effective builds you guys come up with.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom