Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dominions 6: ProfessionalThroneSitters II, MA Edition

Standard Game or Disciple Game

• I want a standard game, let's not interact with the lepers

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Disciple game, hit me with those Disease checks

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters

Baron Tahn

Scholar
So no rush or anything but does anyone know where I can get a primer on MP etiquette? Do we just send each other dms to trade and make alliances through our chat here or do we use in game msgs? Is there a discord we report to? What are the rules of engagement, so to speak?

Btw, thanks for putting it all together Dayyalu.

Dayyālu

Arcane
So no rush or anything but does anyone know where I can get a primer on MP etiquette? Do we just send each other dms to trade and make alliances through our chat here or do we use in game msgs? Is there a discord we report to? What are the rules of engagement, so to speak?

Btw, thanks for putting it all together Dayyalu.

You can use whatever you want. Apparently people like the "carebear" option of binding diplomacy so it's good. I use for diplo DMs, Steam chat or the in-game message, there's no "accepted" way and this is a months-long game, it would be artificial.

Standard etiquette is usually that trades are binding but diplomacy is not. Meaning, if someone tells you he's going to give you stuff in exchange for stuff it's considered extremely poor etiquette to fail to uphold your part of the bargain. Diplomacy like alliances/betrayals/NAPs are more flexible, bar of course the in-game system forcing NAPs. Dropping AI without telling anyone is also considered poor etiquette.

Also don't trust Sqeecoo and Malakal. Trust me instead, I'm extremely trustworthy.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I am wondering what's the equivalent of Ubar in MA?

The one that "yeah fuck this guy". I guess Emor but it's more due to "warring with this guy is literally a net loss because even if you win you pretty much just get a bunch of 0 income provinces" rather than "yeah this guy will just win the game if we ignore him"

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

The one that "yeah fuck this guy". I guess Emor but it's more due to "warring with this guy is literally a net loss because even if you win you pretty much just get a bunch of 0 income provinces" rather than "yeah this guy will just win the game if we ignore him"
This is one of big appeals of MA, its more balanced than other ages.

If I had to pick tho I'd say Jotunheim.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Good, I'll start to run mapgen and post the results.

Now? Asphodel, from what i see.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Good, I'll start to run mapgen and post the results.

Now? Asphodel, from what i see.
You mean in general? Did the buffs help it that much?

EDIT: because I responded in general, I feel like Jotunheim has great thugs, decent troops, access to endgame magic and if left unchecked can be a big threat.

Same for Mictlan, it has absolutely no B in MA but if it breaks into it there are still all the great summons to use.

Last edited:

Johannes

Arcane
Strongest nation or most annoying to fight? Pangaea and Rlyeh might be the most annoying with their assassins and the rest of it.

Jotunheim might be strong but probably not as rage inducing.

Not sure how powerfully Sceleria / Nazca / Asphodel scale now exactly, but they all have mechanisms to get shit for free.

orcinator

Liturgist
Is this using the official illwinter lobbies or something else like blitz?
Due to some nautical factors I'll have trouble connecting to the former.

Also you don't want naked art of the Annunaki of Love and War right
/domg/ is a scary place, though I prefer the more soulful art from the recent troll incident.

orcinator

Liturgist
Is this using the official illwinter lobbies or something else like blitz?
Due to some nautical factors I'll have trouble connecting to the former.

Because you use a pirated version? Sadly, we use the official lobbies. AND PAID DEARLY FOR IT
Damn, back to the general then, I cannot financially support a product that performs Black (Servant) erasure.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Damn, back to the general then, I cannot financially support a product that performs Black (Servant) erasure.

They're Swedes and the SJW have been at it since Dom3 (remember the SA community that purposefully modded the blood slaves to be neckbeards because killing women was sexist). For every black Nausicaa you get a Ind. It's a miracle the insane push done by *usual suspects* in the tester community ended up being essentially nothing because Illwinter does whatever it wants.

C'mon, just do it. We need people.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Wtf is a Nausicaa?

You absolute troglodytes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nausicaa

8TP8pnx.jpeg

Phaecians in Homer are human but somewhat other, the "furthest of all men". Making them black has no textual reference whatsoever (and could be considered slightly SJWish by forcefully blacking one the eeriest of human populations in the Odyssey) but it's Dominions so I do not care.

I repeat, absolute troglodytes , I can excuse slavs or anglos that barely have a culture and the written word but Andnjord is a Latin and should know better

Andnjord

Arcane
I repeat, absolute troglodytes , I can excuse slavs or anglos that barely have a culture and the written word but @Andnjord is a Latin and should know better
Frater, peccavi nimis. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Come on man, I was but a kid when I last read the Odyssey some…20 years ago…time flies :negative:
Strange thing though, I read the Iliad twice since then, but could never find that same spark for the Odyssey. Maybe I should.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom