Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Educational Simulations' Real Lives

Project: Eternity
Just saw this pic on digg.com:
3r4rL.jpg

This is apparently a game made by these people: http://www.educationalsimulations.com/index.php

Educational Simulations presents Real Lives 2010, the life simulation that gives you the opportunity to learn how people really live in other countries.

Real Lives 2010 is a truly unique, content rich and empathy-building real world, real life simulation that challenges your life skills (not your hand-eye coordination) as you make difficult, high-stakes choices that lead to your success, or failure.

"The best way to learn about life in other countries short of going there!"

Get a free copy of Real Lives 2010, the real life simulation game, for your school!
Click here to find out how.

You might be born anyone, anywhere on Earth. You might die as an infant, you might make it to old age. You might be able to marry the person of your dreams, and have a rewarding job, or you could be stuck in poverty. Be born, live an exciting life, and die. Then do it again. And again. Learn about the world as you live your Real Lives around the world, one life-altering decision at a time.

Both a fantastic opportunity and an incredible challenge, Real Lives 2010 makes the world come alive on a personal and global level, one life at a time, right on your desktop!

Exciting new features for Real Lives 2010 include a totally redesigned and modernized user interface, 3D animated graphics of all faces in the simulation, family trees, graphs of personal and country statistics, integrated Google Maps and Flickr photos, and more!

Download the free Real Lives trial.

Experience life as a:

* Peasant farmer in Bangladesh
* Factory worker in Brazil
* Policeman in Nigeria
* Lawyer in the United States
* Computer operator in Poland

or any of thousands more ...

Through statistically accurate events, Real Lives brings to life different cultures, political systems, economic opportunities, personal decisions, health issues, family issues, schooling, jobs, religions, geography, war, peace, and more. As your students make decisions for their characters and experience the consequences of those decisions they will learn about the world and gain an increased appreciation of their own culture and the cultures of other peoples.

Anyone tried this? Any good?

Nickless

Educated
Is there an opportunity to become a dictator of a small country in this game?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Hai guiz it wants to know which organization I am downloading it for.

On behalf of the Prestigious RPG Codex Magazine?

edit: I would not remove it from inventory but think of the little children.

Nickless

Educated
Giving this a go. If I don't make bloody dictator in ten tries, I'll be very disappointed.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Told them I heard of the game from BigDickTrannies4Fur.com

Project: Eternity
I haven't even played this yet, might try later tonight. That pic was linked from digg.com and I looked up who makes this game. I think that's just a random thing that can happen if you're born in a country where that sort of thing is likely.

Phelot

Arcane
So can you rape and father thousands of children? If so, then I'll be a customer.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Looks like the 2010 version available has a crap, glitchy interface and horrible fonts, unlike that crisp screenshot posted in the OP.

rlscreen.jpg

I may have to search for the 2007 version after all.

Cabeca Grande

Novice
I was mildly interested in this so I looked it up. The file size for Live.exe (non-crappy interface 2007 version) ranges from 7 - 80 MB depending on what site you visit and apparently it's just a demo. Oh well. It's just a poor man's American Hare II: Bunnies of the World anyways, without the ability to become a megalomaniacal drug overlord, of course.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Can't seem to enlist as a suicide bomber, and job seems to barely impact on the life besides the amount of money you make. Haven't seen much specific choices pertaining to your job.

Self-Ejected

Wilco

Self-Ejected
Played this one before. As it says in the title it's a simulator, there is little actual gameplay and it suffers from too much reliance on statistics that tend to have some bizare consequences in the sim.

Just about every character that I've played that was born in an African country either died young or had a goiter. One of the lives I had was a woman in Brazil, who was raped around 6-8 times (once resulting in pregnancy) and had a husband that was assaulted an equal or more amount of times (I think he ended up being killed).

I also played through the life of a scumbag in the UK, who from an early age began stealing shit, drinking and smoking. Much like Garret of the Thief series, but less romantised, he ended up engaging in generally illegal activity, particularly stealing a lot. He also couldn't find a girlfriend until his late thirties. He stole enough to live a modest lifestyle but ended up getting busted and thrown in the slam for a few years. After his release, being close to 40, he finally managed to get married (fittingly to a woman with intelligence and appearance stats of under 10 and also around half his age). Soon enough he continued stealing, drinking and doing drugs, promptly ensuring another trip to prison, but he died before release in his late forties due to his numerous drug-related problems with two young kids.

edit: oh and your character can't rape, or otherwise influence other characters. It's one-sided, as far as I know other characters such as family members can influence you, for example, your parents can take you out of school or deny you school entirely mostly if you are poor and female to go work in the fields your whole life.

mytgroo

Scholar
This was an enjoyable game. It says some pretty interesting things about games. I wish they would expand it and make it more complex.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i always wished to be 14 years old chinese girl living in some civilized country (europe or usa)

Multi-headed Cow

It features rape. It's a fun enough little toy to dick around with once in a while but it isn't particularly entertaining.

And the 2010 version has a horrendous interface and I didn't really notice any improvements so go with the old one if possible.

I think the 2010 version may be dumbed down, I played three lives to completion and had absolutely no instances of getting beat up/raped/kidnapped/murdered. A few of my siblings got the short end of the stick, but I was fine and lived to a fairly decent age (for someone in the third world).

Also, the game clearly isn't codexian material due to the lack of trannies.

Nickless

Educated
Mine was abused and beaten by her husband the first go, and ended up dying to malaria or something after living a long, pointless life of toil.

Has anyone found a link to the 2007 version?

Xavier

Novice
isohunt.com is your friend

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom