Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes - From Suikoden creators

kyosuke

Educated
Patron
I think I'm going to play it in pure Japanese mode if it's possible.
English dialogue looks stupid.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Glad I didn't back this, they've already shit the bed and the game isn't even out yet.

Because of a couple of poor character designs or a few blacks in the game?
I remember thinking back when I was fourteen playing Suikoden 2 that the one thing it needed alongside the amazing cast was a retarded black guy called "Wayve" to really kick it all off.

Anyway, if others take enjoyment from it that's great but I'd rather just play Suikoden 2 again instead of subjecting myself to low effort cringeworthy shit like that.

Häyhä

Arbiter
I remember thinking back when I was fourteen playing Suikoden 2 that the one thing it needed alongside the amazing cast was a retarded black guy called "Wayve" to really kick it all off.

Anyway, if others take enjoyment from it that's great but I'd rather just play Suikoden 2 again instead of subjecting myself to low effort cringeworthy shit like that.

That is your prerogative of course. I agree that this particular character is pretty shit design-wise and even the name is stupid, however it is still one character out of a hundred.

I checked and there's one black in Suikoden 2 (none in Suikoden 1), Hauser, but to be honest I don't remember anything about his character or dialogue lines.

Robber Baron

Savant
suik3lp_aliajoins.png

Yuber

Educated
Don't mind black characters in games, Barret is one of my favorite game characters, I just hate "The Message" and that's the only reasons they made those characters.

OysterSauce

Novice
All the blacks shown so far are part of the primitive society living in the jungle. I'm okay with that.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
It's flashy but it lacks the character of the combos in Suikoden 2 that involved characters doing things like breathing fire as a circus act, setting up a cannon, or otherwise referencing their background and relationships. This just seems like fairly generic attacking (which to be fair the original games did a lot of as well.) I'll be quite disappointed if they just used some generic combo generating system where characters do a particular thing when in combos regardless of who they're paired with.

Häyhä

Arbiter
Could have at least shown like ten different ones, what the hell's the point with a 9-second-video barely showing one?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Who the heck these trailers with some bad music and bad voice over made for anyway like by the god

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Aww, man.
https://rabbitandbearstudios.com/皆様へ大切なお知らせ/

Hello everyone,
It’s with a heavy heart and deep sadness we must inform you
that the scenario writer and head of Rabbit& Bear Studios,
Yoshitaka Murayama, has passed away on February 6th
due to complications with an ongoing illness.

Murayama first began this journey of the creation of
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes in 2020
through the support of his very loving fans on Kickstarter.
Throughout the three-plus-year-development of the game,
it was always the passion from his fans that continued to
drive his creative vision and motivate him to put his all into the project.

His hard work on Eiyuden Chronicle as scenario writer was finished
but as his co-workers and friends, it saddens us to know that
he won’t get to see the reactions from his fans.

However, even with those feelings we need to accept
the reality that he is no longer with us and continue to push
his dream forward by releasing Eiyuden Chronicle to the world.

We want to maintain his legacy and vision with this game and
know that he would have wanted the rich world he has created
with Eiyuden Chronicle to live on.

His family sincerely appreciates your prayers and support
but asks for privacy and that no flowers, mail, or other offerings be sent.

We will have more information on organizational changes to
Rabbit & Bear as well as changes to some of the Kickstarter rewards
in the near future.

For now, we appreciate your continued support.

Rabbit & Bear Studios,
Junko Kawano
JunichiMurakami
Osamu Komuta​

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Damn

He is not that old too, he finished his degree in 1992, assuming that's 23 y.o., he should only be around 55 y.o

Häyhä

Arbiter
Oh man, what a fucking bummer for today. He was over-weight and didn't look to be in the best shape, but still, totally out of the blue and right before the release of his comeback game. It's going to be bittersweet and somewhat emotional now to play Eiyuden when it comes out. :(

Last edited:

silphCo

Literate
Don't mind black characters in games, Barret is one of my favorite game characters, I just hate "The Message" and that's the only reasons they made those characters.
Barret is a negrito, not a kneegrow.

REhorror

Educated
Barret is a negrito, not a kneegrow.
I wouldn't mind if every black character is like Barret, basically Mr. T, he's cool and funny.

Too bad the corpos and zoomers want their black characters like this, basically black nerds that aren't funny.
wp5868680.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom