Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

FO BoS for PS2????

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Rayt said:
I honoustly don't care. It's not like it will replace Fallout 3, so why all the outrage.

Well, it's not like it will get us closer to F3. All the arguments like "They really wanna do F3, but they are short on cash, so they will do yet another lame ass game" are full of shit.

I don't mind IPLY doing whatever the fuck they want to do as long as they stay away from Fallout, 'cause by the time they are ready to do F3 the number of changes to the Fallout universe would be so big that nobody would remeber how it got started and what all the fuss was about.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Well. I want a FO3 role-playing game. Oh well.

That said, there's reaosn to say they "screwed" us.

Just don't buy the game. I won't. I own a PS2 so I might rent it.

That is all.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
LH has not impressed me. I'll be waiting until it goes down in prcie before evn thinking of buying it.

vault666

Novice
It's a joke, right?

I registered an account here today just so I can rant. I just read the blurb on RPGDOT regarding this and for a moment I though that FO3 had been announced.
Holy crap what a let down when I found out the real story.

I'm sure I don't cover any new ground here , but what the %$^&.

My question is this, why the heck would they even think of doing such a thing as using the Fallout name on a 3d action ps2 console title?
Is the potential demographic for this title going to be infuenced to purchase it by the Fallout name?
Are the hardcore and even casual players of FO's 1 and 2 going to get within 50 miles of this thing?

This has got to be a prank. It just has to be.

Araanor

Liturgist
(I'm probably plagiarizing something SP or someone else said earlier)

Interplay marketing !logic:

Console GOOD.
Derivative dumbed-down action GOOD.
Fallout license GOOD.

Console x Action x Fallout = GOOD^3

IP thinks a console action will rake in the cash, all the more so when they use a recognized brand! What they fail to realise is why it's popular and fansites are run years and years after the release of the original.

Rosh

Erudite
I think I said that either in my NMA news postings or at a message board somewhere.

But yeah, that's their brand of stupid.

Makaar

Novice
Re: It's a joke, right?

vault666 said:
I registered an account here today just so I can rant. I just read the blurb on RPGDOT regarding this and for a moment I though that FO3 had been announced.
Holy crap what a let down when I found out the real story.

I'm sure I don't cover any new ground here , but what the %$^&.

My question is this, why the heck would they even think of doing such a thing as using the Fallout name on a 3d action ps2 console title?
Is the potential demographic for this title going to be infuenced to purchase it by the Fallout name?
Are the hardcore and even casual players of FO's 1 and 2 going to get within 50 miles of this thing?

This has got to be a prank. It just has to be.

No, tis real amigo.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
It's not real, it's surreal!

I have to say, it's amazing how much negativity there is around this game. It brings a tear to my eye to see all the people rebelling against publisher mass market driven filth, finally.

Oh, and really, if you want to be heard, you should check out this thread on Duck and Cover. It provides you with all the information you need to contact the GEENYOUS who thought this game would be a good idea.

There's also the Fallout Enforcer forum to play around in, but they're cracking down on the negative posters there.

Makaar

Novice
Those Interplay forums are hopeless. "Heya f4all0ut B05 might m4k3 f411lout thr33 p0pular idea i think w3 should buy it!"
I'll try duck and cover, thanks. Never been there before, but what the hey. The whole thing with this Fallout: BOS is something from my dreams. Tis strange.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
SP, you were banned? I thought you were pretty civil from what I read of your posts. Others on the other hand probably deserved a banning though.

axel

Liturgist
Volourn said:
SP, you were banned? I thought you were pretty civil from what I read of your posts. Others on the other hand probably deserved a banning though.

I'play said:
We can't have any negitive press!! We need damnage control!! Quick lets censor the forums so no one knows anything is wrong!!

Great job there guys :thumbsup:

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Volourn said:

Yeah, I was banned shortly after I wrote that long reply to Rosh, so I'm guessing that was it. It's unquestionable that the ban policy on that forum is a little inconsistant though, since I know there are some people who pushed it after I was banned just to see what the deal was with it.

I think it had more to do with who I am rather than what I wrote though. The fact I swayed a few people from that whole notion of buying the game to fund Fallout 3 probably made the higher ups mad, because that's the only reason to slap the name Fallout on the game, anyway. They know there's a demand for FO3, so they're stringing along people dumb enough to think that's what it takes to get the game made.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Way to go Interplay! Way to bake a shit cake and take a slice of it, too!

Interplay's New Motto: Taking slices of shitcakes since 2001.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Wow, yesterday was a hell of a day. I hate IPLY forums, but still made an appearance to add my voice. I never saw anything like that before, it was a riot. What pissed me off the most (besides IPLY banning posts and people) are fucking morons who posted this kinda crap:

We have yet to see how the gameplay has changed from Fallout 2. Obviously it will be an action game but that doesn't mean that it won't be Fallout anymore. And at this point the graphics are the only thing you can judge, cause nobody played the game yet.

you know what kills any game even more... people slamming it before they have the opportunity to really know anything about it. And don't go hauling out your dog and cart ideas about this being another example of Tactics... this isn't... it's as you said before... an action game... not a tactical one.

Even after it was explained to them in every detail about FO1, and BOS, and style/atmosphere, and SPECIAL, and turn-based, and even g-strings, even then they still tried to pointed out that it's too early to judge by the graphics. These are the people who should be banned for being retarded.

Rayt

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
It's not real, it's surreal!

I have to say, it's amazing how much negativity there is around this game. It brings a tear to my eye to see all the people rebelling against publisher mass market driven filth, finally.

Oh, and really, if you want to be heard, you should check out this thread on Duck and Cover. It provides you with all the information you need to contact the GEENYOUS who thought this game would be a good idea.

There's also the Fallout Enforcer forum to play around in, but they're cracking down on the negative posters there.

I think the amount of negativity is quite small really. You only find it at Iplay and the private gaming news sites, like this one. You'd think that hordes of gaming fans are about to commit mass suicide, until you realise the same names pop up at the comments at every site.

And there's still a crapload of negativity in the BOS forum; they're just deleting the offensive mouth foaming. I agree that it's borderline, since it's only the offensive criticism that get's deleted. Still, I guess it's a sensitive matter, otherwise I wouldn't know why Iplay banned you. Though your posts often contain a shitload of vitriole, they're well argumented and on topic. I guess your reputation went ahead of you...;)

That thing on Duckandcover is pretty lame though. I can understand that the Fallout fans are disappointed by the fact that Fallout 3 is still not in production, yet a brainless console shooter get's a go-ahead. But harrassing people at their work with emails or phone calls because you don't like a game they're making is in my opinion a tad sad. On the other hand, I doubt that Chuck guy really cares wheter he get's hatemail from a few dozen people. He's not a 14 year old NWN moddder.

axel

Liturgist
Rayt said:
That thing on Duckandcover is pretty lame though. I can understand that the Fallout fans are disappointed by the fact that Fallout 3 is still not in production, yet a brainless console shooter get's a go-ahead. But harrassing people at their work with emails or phone calls because you don't like a game they're making is in my opinion a tad sad. On the other hand, I doubt that Chuck guy really cares wheter he get's hatemail from a few dozen people. He's not a 14 year old NWN moddder.

Fame has it's price.

In this case harrassment by the masses.

And chucky c and his bois are the dummies so there.

Rayt

Liturgist
axel said:
Fame has it's price.

In this case harrassment by the masses.

And chucky c and his bois are the dummies so there.

The masses being the 100 zealots spouting their venom on each and every news site?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
It's not just the private sites, it's a good chunk of them. PC Game Review is a pretty big site, as are VoodooExtreme and EvilAvatar.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom