Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gorasul: Legacy of the Dragon!

Limorkil

Liturgist
This game was on sale for $3 in Ross, which was a bit odd seeing as they sell clothes. It is a crpg that looks a lot like Baldur's Gate. The main feature that makes it different from other crpgs is that your main character has an intelligent sword that levels up like the player character.

I cannot find any information on this game. It is not even in the games database at RPG Codex. I assume it sucks major ass because otherwise I would be able to find out more information on it.

Anyone played this? Care to give me a quick review?

Psilon

Erudite
Never played it, never saw it, but it's by Silver Style. It was also abominably bad, and used as ammunition in the arguments with Carsten "Real Time With Pause Is 'Simulated Turn Based'" Strehse over at DAC.

Anonymous

There is a reason it was being sold at Ross, haha. The one here has software for sale, but it's usually really awful PC games or children's software.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
While I liked Soldiers Of Anarchy, I did not like Gorasul. Matter of fact, I got it for free and felt I had gotten ripped off. I thought Saint had something about the game on here.....

Andhaira

Arcane
What are your thoughts on this highly flawed crpg by jowood? (it was jowoods first crpg, if I recall corrrectly) IMo it had a lot of good idea's, but the execution was crap. Combat was boring, graphics were uninspired (not bad per se for the time, just bland and uninspired)

One unique thing about the game was that you aquired an intelligent weapon that leveled up with you. It was interesting, but IMO I personally prefer varied mundane weapons and choosing to specialize in abre few. But the feature was unique and interresting, I will give it that. You could have conversations with the weapon, get advice, etc. If I recall correctly, it could be of opposing alignment to you too.

Overall the game sucked, but IMO had Jowood released another game on the same engine that was more polished, that would have rocked.

What do YOU think?

Discuss!!

Andhaira

Arcane
The game itself certainly may not, but its potential and analysis certainly does. If we can figure out just where Jowood went wrong, i think it would give us a good insight into the crpg development world!

Also, its fun to think what elements they took fro Gorasul into Gothic!

Jim Cojones

Prophet
I played the game quite a lot. And while
- animations were horrible,
- combat - boring,
- dialogues - uninspired and
- character development - extremely simple
I still had some fun. How was it possible is one of this questions that I can't find an answer.

Andhaira

Arcane
@Jiim: yes you pretty much got it. I think you had fun was because of the premise and the plot, which were kind of unqiue. Basically you were a powerful heor or something, but lost your power. Also you are linked to a dragon in someway.

Kraszu

Prophet
Jowwod is a publisher not developer. It was developed by Silver Style Entertainment.

Andhaira

Arcane
Did anynoe fight the dragon in this game? If so how was it? Epic fight or epic lulz?

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
I havn't played any game, at all in the last 3-4 months other then football for my xbox 360( All consoles are good for).

I'm about to start cutting myself :shock: .

Lemunde

Scholar
I heard it's an excellent cure for cluster ball.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom