Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic III - Facts list: the good, the bad

Section8

Cipher
Yeah right. I suppose you'll be telling me that R2D2 can fly too. :roll:

:lol:

Fresh

Erudite
http://forum.jowood.de/showthread.php?t=115197

Go there and ask some intelligent questions.

Hi folks,

judging by your active participation in the forums, there are quite a few things you'd like to know about Gothic 3. Actually, it's very entertaining and refreshing for us Piranhas to follow with enthusiasm your discussions and speculations . But still we consider this the perfect moment for some first-hand information. Besides myself, a couple of other Piranhas will join in occasionally to answer specific questions concerning their area of responsibility.

Of course, we can not go into great detail on everything, since there is nothing as boring as a game you know everything about before you even start playing. Thus, we will try to find the right balance between revealing and withholding new facts, so that Gothic 3 will still have some surprises left for you in the end.

The action starts at February 2nd and we Piranhas are looking forward to the pleasant time we're going to spend together here in the forums.

Take care,

KaiRo

Fresh

Erudite
I just read something strange on the gothic forum:
* There will be no cinematics in the game due to financial reasons. (KaiRos Statement) [UPDATE]

For financial reasons? What? Are they in some sort of trouble? I dont mind cinematics being cut, but I dont like hearing my devs talking about money.

Micmu

Magister
Uh... Oh... That's a familiar pattern.

It would be a real shame if G3 came out rushed and half-arsed.

LlamaGod

Cipher
I wonder if that talk of the magic system will follow as they said magic was going to be early on.

It sounded quite cool.

Bascailly, spells can only be cased in certain spots where a source of the element can be found. Such as needing a campfire to cast a fire elemental.

Paladins need shines to cast their holy magic, mages need elemental places, basically.

I dunno how much of spells need it, but it's pretty neat.

Magic is also alot more rare in the game, wizards are few in the world.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Am I the only one who thinks Gothic 3 looks about a zillion times better than Oblivion? Graphically speaking, I mean.

Oh, and it's nice that there are more than 2 people in town, and actually doing shit.

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
aweigh said:
Am I the only one who thinks Gothic 3 looks about a zillion times better than Oblivion? Graphically speaking, I mean.

Oh, and it's nice that there are more than 2 people in town, and actually doing shit.

Technically speaking - not really. Style - yes (at least the outdoors / towns, Oblivions dungeons looked pretty neat, and we haven't seen what Gothic does with those).

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Well, yes, the character models look pretty low-poly, but I prefer the realistic art direction of those Gothic 3 screenshots over Oblivion's bloom effect. Actually, those screenshots remind me of Far Cry with the Cold filter turned on, which is how I always played it.

Section8

Cipher
For financial reasons? What? Are they in some sort of trouble? I dont mind cinematics being cut, but I dont like hearing my devs talking about money.

Financial reasons could mean - "We don't see the point in spending an unreasonable amount of money on something so superficial."

After all, did that bit with the hooker actually add anything to the game experience?

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
Considering the quality of todays game engines, I actually often feel that cinematics are of lower quality anyways - plus using the graphics makes for a more seamless presentation.

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
My computer won't be able to run it, but I'm not upset. Fuck cinematics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom