Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Help, breaking bug

Chanel Oberlin

Pineapple appreciator
Patron
Some people need to get a licence to use the internet, like they do with their cars.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Untitled.jpg

Peachcurl

Cipher

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Some people need to get a licence to use the internet, like they do with their cars.
I'll give you an internet license if you send me your credit card number, it's cvv, and expiration date.

This kind of reminds me of the people who were pissy when people were putting consoles boxes and such on EBay and literally putting in the ad: THIS IS NOT A GAME CONSOLE! I'M SELLING YOU THE BOX FOR COLLECTORS!! (or a picture of the console or whatever) -- Except for the price of the actual game console more or less. Morons bought it and then were all, ":cry: why youscam me, bro?"

I believe at least some of them resulted in fraud investigations and such. If people weren't always saved from their stupidity (i.e. when there's no lying taking place, you've been given all the information to make an informed decision), we'd probably be better off as a species.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
This kind of reminds me of the people who were pissy when people were putting consoles boxes and such on EBay and literally putting in the ad: THIS IS NOT A GAME CONSOLE! I'M SELLING YOU THE BOX FOR COLLECTORS!! (or a picture of the console or whatever) -- Except for the price of the actual game console more or less. Morons bought it and then were all, ":cry: why youscam me, bro?"
Oftentimes putting a text in large caps, bold or red letters makes people less able to notice it. Usually such text is full of useless garbage, so the user presumes that a box with a scary warning is an ad or some boilerplate legal statement that's meant to be ignored.

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Oftentimes putting a text in large caps, bold or red letters makes people less able to notice it. Usually such text is full of useless garbage, so the user presumes that a box with a scary warning is an ad or some boilerplate legal statement that's meant to be ignored.

Plus, they are still scamming anyway. Even if they try to create an excuse by putting a disclaimer somewhere, they are still trying to trick people into purchasing a box when they think they are purchasing what was in the box.

They should be reported, and the people who run those sites should remove them as sellers. And in many places you be able to succede with legal actions agains them for those deceptive practices.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom