Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Hi-Fi RUSH > Tango Gameworks surprise rhythm beat 'em up

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Been playing this since yesterday and it is nothing but pure joy.
It almost makes me wish I was into rhythm games, the art style is so slick.

You don't really need to be into them that much. You kinda start the beat and flow with and even without it you can advance, just a bit slower.

Game is huge fun for me. Combat, art style, soundtrack, goofy characters, general smoothness, exploration for power ups, all those are hitting the right spots. Super moves charging so fast and decay between combats is a nice change and made you to use them a lot, instead saving them for a rough fight.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Leave it to Microsoft to shadowdrop an actually good game with little to no advertising, while at the same time pouring hundreds of millions dollars into Halo and other similar tripe.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Leave it to Microsoft to shadowdrop an actually good game with little to no advertising, while at the same time pouring hundreds of millions dollars into Halo and other similar tripe.
I don't know that they need to. This thing just came out and from what I could see, it looked like it was starting to go viral just from Game Pass and word of mouth.

That's basically a win-win for a project that probably didn't have a lot of budget, but clearly had a solid design and vision about what they were going for.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
This thing is oozing with style. Unfortunately I'm not the target demographic, but it's nice to see something new rather than the usual shit and remake of previously good games.

MasPingon

Arcane
I got a mixed feelings. It has really nice esthetics, chill music and hitting enemies to the beat is implemented much better then in Hellsinger - they got a lot of great ideas. It gives you a feeling that you are making your own music while taking the shit out of everyone. On the other hand protagonist is retarded. And I don't mean slightly retarded, I mean completely retarded. It's really something, he is like I would imagine Plato idea of retardation in it's essence. He is like fucking teletubie version of Marty McFly. There is also a cat, representation of Twitter she/her - unpleasant, irritating hog with bad voice, commenting on everything. It's like today's gaming standard, there got to be one. The game doesn't "take itself seriously" but jokes aren't funny, they are cringe. Good for season pass game, but not worth 29 euros.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Patron
I got a mixed feelings. It has really nice esthetics, chill music and hitting enemies to the beat is implemented much better then in Hellsinger - they got a lot of great ideas. It gives you a feeling that you are making your own music while taking the shit out of everyone. On the other hand protagonist is retarded. And I don't mean slightly retarded, I mean completely retarded. It's really something, he is like I would imagine Plato idea of retardation in it's essence. He is like fucking teletubie version of Marty McFly. There is also a cat, representation of Twitter she/her - unpleasant, irritating hog with bad voice, commenting on everything. It's like today's gaming standard, there got to be one. The game doesn't "take itself seriously" but jokes aren't funny, they are cringe. Good for season pass game, but not worth 29 euros.
I don't know. In my opinion, it immediately goes up a few notches just by virtue of being something new instead of some "remake" that's a new coat of paint on some ancient game, unlike almost everything else that's come out over the past few years and coming out this year.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I don't know. In my opinion, it immediately goes up a few notches just by virtue of being something new instead of some "remake" that's a new coat of paint on some ancient game, unlike almost everything else that's come out over the past few years and coming out this year.
I watched the first ten minutes of the game/anime, and my initial instincts were right. I'm not the demographic for this.

But it seems very well made mechanically (especially the combat animations and general production value), and the dialogue is.... okay for what it is. Not super cringe like Forespoken or something.

If you're into anime-esque rhythm brawlers, this seems tailor-made for you.

Wunderbar

Arcane
crr5bpt.png

Terenty

Liturgist
They have a song from Zwan for the soundtrack?? That's already a huge incline

Ezekiel

Arcane
I don't know that they need to. This thing just came out and from what I could see, it looked like it was starting to go viral just from Game Pass and word of mouth.

That's basically a win-win for a project that probably didn't have a lot of budget, but clearly had a solid design and vision about what they were going for.

Look at how many games were picked apart in the months and years leading up to their releases. All those games we lost enthusiasm for as time dragged on. I don't know why a developer would want that.

mediocrepoet

Patron

Look at how many games were picked apart in the months and years leading up to their releases. All those games we lost enthusiasm for as time dragged on. I don't know why a developer would want that.
It's also why spending too much time dicking with Early Access is an issue. You can completely spoil the game for yourself and get bored by the tedium of whatever's on offer well before it ever launches.

fork

It's also why spending too much time dicking with Early Access is an issue. You can completely spoil the game for yourself and get bored by the tedium of whatever's on offer well before it ever launches.

Star Citizen, Exanima and dozens of other EA scams disagree.

mediocrepoet

Patron

Star Citizen, Exanima and dozens of other EA scams disagree.
That's a fair point. I perhaps should have qualified this with something like, "for people of reasonable intelligence who aren't obsessing about the imaginary single game of their dreams."

At the least, it's why I duck out of previews and demos after a quick taste to see whether it's my cup of tea or not.

Modron

Arcane
Spending hundreds of hours on Mount and Blade "early access" before release hasn't stopped anyone from spending thousands of hours on it and Warband. Many a codexer played Battle Brothers a ton before it reached 1.0.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom