Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might and Magic Xeen series

Luzur

Good Sir
7hm said:
So MM3 has definitely grabbed me.

I'm going through unspoiled except for the item listing. I just don't want to go into that level of detail (paying to identify stats and then writing them down for every single weapon).

Up to about level 10 so far.

How much content is there? I've only really seen the first two towns and maybe a half dozen dungeon levels. Is this really going to be as epic as it seems?

you are just on the first continent, there are 6 more + alot of smaller islands.

Calem Ravenna

Scholar
Isles of Terra isn't really that large, but the whole world is arranged in such a way that it definately feels huge. The later M&M games didn't manage to pull that off.

7hm

Scholar
So I've been playing for a bunch more hours. For a while it seemed like fighting was a complete breeze as my guys would pretty much tear through anything. I've started meeting a lot more scary monsters since then though.

Also went through the Lord Might puzzle (and the puzzles to get into the two early castle dungeons). This game really is a complete blast.

Panthera

Scholar
Hell yeah. I really should find my save and finish off MM3. I'm currently working my way through MM6 for the first time, having a great time. I love all the SCA crap.

SkepticsClaw

Potential Fire Hazard
Yep, MM3 is great. Enjoyable exploration, fast and fun combat, plenty puzzles and riddles, reams of note-taking and cross referencing different parts of the world... such a pleasure to play through. The only big thing I remember disliking were that towards the end, there were a silly amount of enemies popping you with insta-kill spells or Eradicating half your party in a single blast. What pissed be off most about having party members killed was having all your cool equipment smashed up. Bastards! Stop messing with my stuff!

SkepticsClaw

Potential Fire Hazard
Nope, and it's awesome. The only thing I didn't like was just that there was no way of avoiding being killed; you could get instantly popped from nowhere, which in the end just amounted to a bit of a chore where you had to keep constantly mothering and re-equipping your characters (or spam loading until you got lucky), no matter how much care or skill you put into playing. Nursing Home, the RPG! But perhaps I was just playing it badly. Anyway, it's a minor niggle against what is probably one of the best games ever made.

DaveO

Erudite
For MM3 and Xeen, the spells to resurrect and raise dead caused permanent penalties to Endurance IIRC. So if your squishy Sorcerer gets squished too many times, expect to be visiting an inn to create a new character.

kmonster

Augur
Both in MM3 and Xeen you can have your characters resurrected in temples without endurance penalty
In both games you can also use the divine intervention to avoid the penalty to end.
In both games there are ways to raise endurance to an average value if it has become low as often as you want.

made

Arcane
Mopping up WoX atm. In the Southern Sphinx:

- what does the Throne of Legend do?

- is there a way to reach the small rooms in the dungeon level? Teleport won't work.

Luzur

Good Sir
Mopping up WoX atm. In the Southern Sphinx:

- what does the Throne of Legend do?

- is there a way to reach the small rooms in the dungeon level? Teleport won't work.

well there are thrones for each race in the game, they give XP if you sit on the correct one for the correct race, although i cant remember if that throne actually did anything.

and i noticed those areas too, but i couldnt reach them either, cheating or not cheating, i guess they are something left by the Devs.

made

Arcane
well there are thrones for each race in the game, they give XP if you sit on the correct one for the correct race, although i cant remember if that throne actually did anything.

and i noticed those areas too, but i couldnt reach them either, cheating or not cheating, i guess they are something left by the Devs.
Hey, at least someone bothered to reply. ;)

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Guys, I'm getting this error :

YQ8GMpg.png

On GoG version. Any way to fix it? Should I play the floppy disk version?

Eisen

Learned
For some reason, the Ctrl + F4 and Enter doesn't work in Linux, no idea why.
You have to play the Floppy version or play via ScummVM

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom