Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pete Hines is leaving Bethesda

taomcio

Educated
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
https://x.com/bethesda/status/1713917988963795369?s=20

F8kPU9SWoAA7c24

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Not many people remember the PR of old Bethesda. The truth is, back in the day Pete Hines was the one who was considered the protogenic liar in Bethesda, not Todd. Todd took lessons from him.

Two scumbags who ruined creativity in any case.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I guess the same thing will happen that happened to Bioware after Muzyka and Zechuk left (bad became worse).

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Not many people remember the PR of old Bethesda. The truth is, back in the day Pete Hines was the one who was considered the protogenic liar in Bethesda, not Todd. Todd took lessons from him.

Todd also didn't have a major role back then.
Wasn't Morrowind his first major game where he was involved? He was lead director.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Todd also didn't have a major role back then.
Wasn't Morrowind his first major game where he was involved? He was lead director.

He had a major role, Todd was project lead on Redguard too

He was in fact project lead in times when Bethesda was about to go bankrupt (during Redguard and Morrowind)

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Remember, when any creative venture gets big enough, the actual creatives become faceless factory workers pumping out bland slop, while the suits become industry superstars.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm reminded of this post:

Haha, Starfield is delayed.

I'm hearing a bunch of interesting shit, including:

1) The place has been in turmoil since their CEO Altman died a few years ago.
2) There are company-wide issues with management, for example with Shinji Mikami leaving Tango, apparently there are major disagreements/power struggles including how to integrate with Xbox/MSFT.
3) Pete Hines was made Head of Global Publishing but nobody knows what that means exactly
4) People really phoned it in over Covid. Especially a lot of the higher ups who got paid millions when the company was acquired by MSFT (Altman took care of a lot of people, he was by all accounts a good dude). But high level employees were doing crazy shit like calling into meetings from the Caribbean properties they had bought. Just a total lack of give-a-shit
5) Todd Howard is apparently one of the only guys left over there in a senior position who actually wants to make video games.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
Hopefully, Bethesda's paper rapist Emil Pagliarulo is next.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom