Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I guess I'll try doing another run then. I don't know know if TFTV is compatible with older versions so it will have to be a new one

ArchAngel

Arcane
I guess I'll try doing another run then. I don't know know if TFTV is compatible with older versions so it will have to be a new one
Note that TFTV is harder on Veteran, Hero and Legendary difficulty than vanilla. It can especially be felt on Legendary which is only difficulty I have ever played vanilla or this mod.

Last edited:

VonMiskov

Educated
Should I play/finish Vanilla first or just go straight for the TFTV? Are the stories different?

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
ArchAngel Are you one of the TFTV devs? Is there any chance of making all keys bindable? I remember now that PP has this goofy thing where some functions seem to be hardcoded and can't be rebound.

Hardcoded keybinds give me a pain in the butt especially when they mean I can't carry over muscle memory from one game to another. :(

ArchAngel

Arcane
ArchAngel Are you one of the TFTV devs? Is there any chance of making all keys bindable? I remember now that PP has this goofy thing where some functions seem to be hardcoded and can't be rebound.

Hardcoded keybinds give me a pain in the butt especially when they mean I can't carry over muscle memory from one game to another. :(
Nah, I was just doing testing for earlier versions and have access to dev chat. But when my back started killing me and I had to switch from PC to console I stopped being part of the project.
But I can try to forward this to the devs. Do you know which keys were not rebindable?

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Nah, I was just doing testing for earlier versions and have access to dev chat. But when my back started killing me and I had to switch from PC to console I stopped being part of the project.
But I can try to forward this to the devs. Do you know which keys were not rebindable?

The unbindables are:-

show game menu [esc, which I suppose is ok, it's in every game]
change overwatch cone size
quick move to location
change camera location
perform action
zoom out
move floor level focus

The one I really care about is "move floor level focus" which is fixed to the mousewheel and has only the one bind, so it's not possible to assign T & G for up/down a level.

Furthermore I can't assign the assignables "zoom in/zoom out" to mousewheel fwd/back

I don't think these quibbles are all that outrageous, as I could do these keybind changes in 2012 in XCOM EU :) (which is why they're in muscle memory now)

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
You can rebind everything (and more) in AutoHotKey (it is free).

I know, and I might do that. PP is on the back burner atm (I installed it a wee while ago and then got distracted by Long War Rebalance :) ), so I'm wondering if making the game actually functional in this regard is a possibility.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom