Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: 2FA NOW MANDATORY - YOU DON'T NEED A PHONE NUMBER FFS

Camel

Scholar
Admin be like.
KVqB0MG.jpeg

ciox

Liturgist
This also happened to dextermorgan last month.

There are butthurt lunatics in the Ukraine War thread who WILL try to find your credentials in database leaks and break into your account. You have been warned.
A forum glitch (quality coding there) has locked me out of the Ukraine thread forever so can I please be excused from 2FA now?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

There are butthurt lunatics in the Ukraine War thread who WILL try to find your credentials in database leaks and break into your account. You have been warned.
A forum glitch (quality coding there) has locked me out of the Ukraine thread forever so can I please be excused from 2FA now?
:hmmm: What glitch?

Melcar

Arcane

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Once a decade? Once a century? If we need 2FA, I vote for that. As though this were a democracy, and we didn't all bow the whims of our benevolent overlords.

I'm not going to bother looking through 56 pages of history to see if someone already asked. And if I was the one who asked, I guess I didn't care enough to remember. Did we have a problem with hackers or bots or something? Why the 2FA at all?

ciox

Liturgist
Some dude had his account broken into and the "hacker" then (manually? one by one?) deleted posts made from that account, so now everyone is buck broken forever.

ciox

Liturgist

:hmmm: What glitch?
Being retarded glitch.
Actually a correct assesment as it turns out.

Hell Swarm

Educated
ciox Thanks for the explanation.

You would think if someone could hack into someone else's Codex account, he would have something better to do with his time than delete posts manually and one at a time.
Seems a very minor issue TBH. I was going to say maybe it's to curb CP spam, which reddit does to forums with free speech. But I signed up fine and don't remember any restrictions after I got a post accepted so that's hardly protection from a redditor going wild.

Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!

You would think if someone could hack into someone else's Codex account, he would have something better to do with his time than delete posts manually and one at a time.
Seems a very minor issue TBH. I was going to say maybe it's to curb CP spam, which reddit does to forums with free speech. But I signed up fine and don't remember any restrictions after I got a post accepted so that's hardly protection from a redditor going wild.
It fucked up the threads. Pages loading out of order, not being able to go to a specific page. All this because a spook couldn't keep his password safe.

Hell Swarm

Educated

It fucked up the threads. Pages loading out of order, not being able to go to a specific page. All this because a spook couldn't keep his password safe.
Well the 2 factor isn't helping for that. If I have access to your password here I might have access to your email password too. Not enough people vary them up. So I'd just auth myself to delete every post I ever made

Peachcurl

Cipher

Also, as a result, the whole forum started to have hickups. I'm pretty sure he didn't just delete posts one by one.

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
OK, so all of these problems were started by an alleged hacker who logged in and started messing with the forum.

So now with 2FA we can be absolutely certain that it's a legitimate forum user and not a hacker the next time someone starts deleting posts and breaking the forum.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
So now with 2FA we can be absolutely certain that it's a legitimate forum user and not a hacker the next time someone starts deleting posts and breaking the forum.
Presumably, the person abusing someone else's account did so with the intention of causing the forum software to glitch. I've been hoping that the Capable Collective Codex Psyche would have found an alternative measure that would prevent this sort of abuse without imposing such a burden on Codexers, but nothing feasible has been proposed thus far.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, computer hackers that elite are usually too busy brushing a rose against their cheek, cradling a laughing child, deciding which lover(s) to visit tonight, etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom