Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Romanians review Fallout 3

Hazelnut

Erudite
Spacemoose said:
don't mind him. no one else does

(great review there Zuluf)

Zuluf

Scholar
Thanks for all the cheers guys, I'm sincerely flattered.

I'm especially flattered by Chefe, who's got a lot of backbone to say something like that considering the smacking he got around here regarding his own review. :salute:

To be fair, however, the effort isn't 100% mine. While I wrote the ideas and the core of the article, a lot of suggestions and corrections came from Bossman. Per of NMA fame also deserves some credit for ironing out some mishaps and inconsistencies (for free, Volourn, he did it for free). Just thought I should point this out, helps me stay grounded instead of hopping around the room for all the positive comments I got :D

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"for free, Volourn, he did it for free"

I'm not that nice. Besides, I'm desperate for cash.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
vrok said:
Not his fault if you're stupid. Not his fault that Bethesda is stupid either.

So I'm stupid because I read a news post on the Codex? Or becuase I haven't finished a game two fucking weeks after it's been released? Get the fuck out.

Black

Arcane
Not all European previews are nice. Polish Cd-Action's FO3 review is just another blowjob + some bits about fanatical fans from NMA. Oh, I'm so proud of my national magazines!

Black

Arcane
No number of talking shit, pop-references and LOL GOVERNMENT DID IT can be worse than custom super mutants, BoS as do-gooders and many, many stupid rehashes.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
The super mutants looked like the sprites instead of the talking heads, and the BoS outcasts are pretty much the FO 1 BoS.

The FO2 stuff was way sillier.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
hmmm I wonder if they will be invited to the next Bethesda extravaganza?

Wanna place any bets?

phanboy_iv

Liturgist
Jaesun said:

Wanna place any bets?

The reason the review was so honest is probably because they haven't yet. I'm not sure I want them to be invited, given the effect these "extravaganzas" seem to have on accurate reviewing.

I liked the review. I intend to check out the site further, since some of the CRPG reviews seem to be quite nice.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Seems the Codex is turning on FO3. HAHAHA! All it took was a positive Codex Official Review to do it too. LMAO

Codexers = tools

Shannow

Waster of Time
Futile Rhetoric said:
Jaime Lannister said:
In terms of setting, 1>3>2.
You are joking, right?
No, he simply prefers a world 200 years after the bombs that feels like 20 years after. Filled with creeps and factions that shouldn't be there. Not to mention their constant war for at least 40 years and still all factions survived. Working computers and lights everywhere that are powered by batteries and so on and so forth (found a bloodpack in an abandoned hospital. Hanging over a a bed for 200 years, but still usable ;) ). In Jaime's mind that is worse than FO2's "theme park setting".
Just because we don't share the opinion doesn't mean that he is joking. He has become quite the angry cunt lately (in a bad sense) and doesn't show much humor of any kind.

And Volly, not only have you lost your amusement-factor, you've become full of shit. The codex "turning" on FO3 because of a good review? This review gave what? 73/100? I'd give 75 and I like the game. (I know you mean Chefe's with "good" review, just to be clear.) That isn't turning. That is in keeping with everything we said since playing it. The only "turn" was that FO3 is actually enjoyable for most of us despite its glaring faults where we all expected worse. Now go and take money for all your dick-sucking already. Maybe you won't be so pathetic if you have enough cash.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Maybe you won't be so pathetic if you have enough cash."

As long as one posts on the Codex it is impossible for that person to be not pathetic. That's simply a fact.

And, the only ones doing dick sucking are the ones who went out, and are playing FO3 baiscally as soon a sits released despite bashing it non stop for the last couple of years. That's beyond pathetic. It's actually quite sad that Codexers lack backbone to match their big mouths (well.. hands... since we are tryping).

:( :( :(

Bossman

Educated
Jaesun said:

Wanna place any bets?

I think Bethesda took us off their "premier gaming magazines" list right about the time I gave Oblivion 84, when almost everyone else was hailing it as the best thing since sliced bread.

Unfortunately, when Oblivion was released, the scoring system that we now use wasn't implemented yet, so I had to rely on the old "arithmetic average" routine. We'll never know how much it would have got if we had the new system back then :D

tunguska

Liturgist
If you read VDs notes he is quite critical of the game. Much more so than Chefe (whose review may as well have been for Gamespot or IGN) who is an admirer of Bethesda in any case. Chefe should have mentioned in the review whether he liked Oblivion as well. In the end of course VD gives it a thumbs up but with quite substantial caveats, perhaps even substantial enough for fence sitters to pirate the game instead of buying it. I am looking forward to his offical review. I do plan to play the game, but I definitely don't plan to buy it. I hate Bethesda with a passion and feel they deserve to go down, or worse get bought by Electronic Arts. That I would like to see Robert Altman, the CEO of Zenimax and the "investor" responsible for ousting the original owner of Bethesda, die a slow and painful death goes without saying. I would like to think up new methods of torture just for him.

phanboy_iv

Liturgist
tunguska said:
If you read VDs notes he is quite critical of the game. Much more so than Chefe (whose review may as well have been for Gamespot or IGN) who is an admirer of Bethesda in any case.

That's hardly fair. Neither Gamespot nor IGN would post a review like that. Chefe actually criticized the game. And I don't find VD's notes so far to be much more negative than Chefe's. Both of them seem to place it squarely in the good-not-great category.

Kthan75

Liturgist
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Great review, Zuluf. I should visit cg.ro more often :)

You and Bossman should post on the codex more often also.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"right about the time I gave Oblivion 84,"

You gave Oblivion an 84? What a fuckin' tool. No Betehsda game deserves even a 50. Fuck, your standards are fuckin' low.

"I am looking forward to his offical review. I do plan to play the game, but I definitely don't plan to buy it."

You are a fuckin' thief. Youa re 100x worse than the shittiiest Bethesda game. I almost feel like buying multiple copies of FO3 and not play them just to spike fuckin' pieces of shit like you but thankfully, I'm not a moron and I don't buy games out of spite.

Fuckin' pieces of fuckin' shit.

Kthan75

Liturgist
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Volourn said:
some rant

Quit trolling, Volourn. You are crossing the line this time. These guys actually took the time to write some good reviews.

I understand your need to be against the world, but calling people names is uncalled for.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom