Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Romanians review Fallout 3

Bossman

Educated
Volourn said:
"right about the time I gave Oblivion 84,"

You gave Oblivion an 84? What a fuckin' tool. No Betehsda game deserves even a 50. Fuck, your standards are fuckin' low.

Coming from you, that doesn't really mean much.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Quit trolling, Volourn. You are crossing the line this time. These guys actually took the time to write some good reviews.

I understand your need to be against the world, but calling people names is uncalled for."

L0L Trolling. I don't troll the Codex (well, I did once; but it was harmless). But, I forgot, I don't mimic the Codex lap dogs and give blow jobs because someojne posts something the general populace agrees with.

Sorry; but their reviews arne't good. And, the fucker gave Oblivion an 84 rating. That's crap. In fact, the fatc he gave Oblivion an 84 proves his reviews sucks... unless an 84 by his measure means 'shitty shitty game'. If so, I apologize.

Betehsda games are crap, and if you like any Betehsda game - espciailly ES ones - you are plain old fashion dumb. And, oh yeah, a fag. A faggoty fag.

And, not the cool gay kind. Those are good people. I mean, the dumb pathetic kind. Those are usually heterosexual, and uncool 'cause they like dumb things like Oblivion.

Kthan75

Liturgist
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Did you actually read the review and decided it wasn't good? Or did you just look at the 84 grade and realized it must be bad?

The quality of a review shouldn't be decided on the grade.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
I read the FO3 review; but not the Oblivion one but any review that ends with an 84 rating of Oblivion is not a good review even if it uses pretty words. Oh yeah, I forgot, before judging it, I shoudl it read it.. Just like I should spend $80 for the 'privledge' of judging FO3 or Guitar Hero or some other crappy game.

Reading the FO3 review was enough for me. Don't get me wrong, there are worse reviewers out there no doubt; but it definitely wans't good.

Chefe's review - outside of soemthings - was a decently written review. So much so, it *almost* got me to buy the game. I'm NOT that much of a sucker though as I have (a little) self control.

Anyways, I'll let the reviewer in peace now. :cool:

P.S. In the FO3 reveiw, the claim is amde that its Bethesda's 'best game yet' with a rating of 72 yet people are talking about Oblivion was rated 84. WTF!?!

Bossman

Educated
Volourn said:
P.S. In the FO3 reveiw, the claim is amde that its Bethesda's 'best game yet' with a rating of 72 yet people are talking about Oblivion was rated 84. WTF!?!

I already explained that two different scoring systems were used, and Oblivion came out on top because of it.

I guess expecting you to actually read everything other people are posting, instead of just what is convenient, really is a bit of a stretch.

tunguska

Liturgist
I just finished reading the review. All 8 pages of it. It was absolutely amazing. Well written. Seems to cover all the important points. One of the best game reviews I have read recently. I wonder if VD can top that. I am going to read more reviews from that site.

It's a perfect symbol for contemporary games: oversimplified, too accessible and way too commercial. The clever, edgy dialogues are gone, along with the complex relationships and the depth of the game world, replaced by a flawed visual feast, generic conversations and a gameplay fit for the masses.

I like that. Well said. That is what the modern <s>Bethesda</s> Zenimax is all about and why they make so much money. H.L. Mencken is often paraphrased as saying: You can never lose money by underestimating the intelligence of the general public. But you can lose a lot of money by overestimating it.

Black

Arcane
Jaime Lannister said:
the BoS outcasts are pretty much the FO 1 BoS.

The FO2 stuff was way sillier.
Yes, because THEY have good reasons to be near Washington right?
Oh wait :lol:

MetalCraze

Arcane
God damn it Jaime. FO2 was much more true to the setting than this piece of shit FO3. FO2 has lots of silly shit but it doesn't have a stupidity that ranges from dumb (stupid orks, feral zombies) to fucking retarded (healing shit in urinals, mini-nuclear bombs)
Finally BoS in FO3 is like knights of the wasteland, wtf? In FO1 and 2 they were a closed community with a huge ego and didn't care about outside world much.
FO3 declines mah Codex.

Licaon_Kter

Augur
Volourn said:
i guess they did not post this, but they did in the romanian FO3 review comment section where such discussion took place also about 84 Oblivion, that they changed the review scoring system since then
Oblivion a luat 84 pentru că la data lansării lui încă discutam dacă să schimbăm sistemul de notare sau nu.

Dacă l-am fi avut atunci pe cel folosit acum, tot 7x lua şi Oblivion.
meaning:
Oblivion got 84 because at the launch date we were still discussing if we should change the scoring system or not.

If we had this system back then, Oblivion would have got a 7x score too

Callaxes

Arbiter
Random Romanian dude > everyone and Chuck Norris

That's closer to the mark.

Zuluf said:
Thanks for all the cheers guys, I'm sincerely flattered.

No you're not! Do you have any fucking clue what this place is? Someone should do a review of this site *notch* *wink *wink*

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"I already explained that two different scoring systems were used, and Oblivion came out on top because of it."

Yeah, yeah.

"I guess expecting you to actually read everything other people are posting, instead of just what is convenient, really is a bit of a stretch."

'Other people' are basically posting the same shit. Your review is awesome, Volourn's a troll, lalala. So, I only read important posts. That post of yours obvioously wasn't important enough at the same.

"Oblivion got 84 because at the launch date we were still discussing if we should change the scoring system or not.

If we had this system back then, Oblivion would have got a 7x score too"

So... FO3 isn't *better* than Oblivion like they claim; but about equal if not a little less than (unless Oblivion actually got a 7.2 or some such shit). Yeah, whatever. How about a little truth. No doubt Oblivion would have gotten an 8 or so, anyways. Besides... 7, 8, whatever. Too high for this crap. Neitehr game deserves more than a 5 anyways. Unless the scale is 1-5 than it deserves no more than 2.

Some parts of the review are good; but just comes off as whining not a review. *shrug*

Zuluf

Scholar
Callaxes said:
Zuluf said:
Thanks for all the cheers guys, I'm sincerely flattered.

No you're not! Do you have any fucking clue what this place is? Someone should do a review of this site *notch* *wink *wink*

Oh I've been lurking here ever since I had my first laugh in teh intarnetz, nothing new.

Despite the epic flame wars, the cynical approach of many Codexers and meme necromancy around here I happen to like this place because it's one of the few corners of teh internets where I can still find people with a functioning brain. Which is why I said I'm flattered by some of those people who actually read and liked the review.

I'm having a great deal of trouble explaining to some romanian guys that I wasn't whining about the game just to annoy the "corporate suits" and that my main comparison frame was what an RPG is supposed to be in my book. And they still fail at getting that.

Still, I'm surprised no one took the time of shoveling out Volourn's vaginal sand tbh.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
What would be the point? It's better to ignore him and let him work on his NWN mod in peace. (Hey, I think I'm one of the few guys who actually played it, it was pretty fun and closer to completion than to conception so I don't know why Volly seemingly abandoned it.)

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Zuluf said:
Oh I've been lurking here ever since I had my first laugh in teh intarnetz, nothing new.

Despite the epic flame wars, the cynical approach of many Codexers and meme necromancy around here I happen to like this place because it's one of the few corners of teh internets where I can still find people with a functioning brain. Which is why I said I'm flattered by some of those people who actually read and liked the review.

Yours must be some of the most optimistic views of the Codex I've seen in a while. I happen to share this view, though, misguided as it may partly be.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Zuluf said:

You...you mean it is even worse out there? Have you visited the den of vileness that is General Discussion?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Jaime Lannister said:
In terms of setting, 1>3>2.

In terms of role-playing, 2>1>3.

Well, in terms of setting, there honestly shouldn't be any Supermutants, BoS, or Centaurs in Fallout 3. If there are Supermutants on the East Coast, they should be really, REALLY rare. Only so many Supermutants were made at Mariposa on the West Coast. How many of them would die along the way?

The BoS only has so many resources and they're based in Lost Hills. Even if they followed the plot of Fallout Tactics, the BoS would have only expanded so far in the amount of time between Fallout Tactics and Fallout 3. The end slides of Falliut Tactics kind of implied they were expanding West as well. If the BoS expanded quickly East, they would have trouble gathering resources. Things would break down and need to get replenished, so you'd have to stop and gather things. The BoS has lots of technology, so they rely on it heavily. If they double time marched fast towards the East, and things were breaking down on them, they'd be screwed. Sure, the BoS have great amounts of pre-war tech which is a plus when it works, but when it stops working.. The BoS wouldn't survive nearly as long as typical wastelanders. They've never had to survive on their own without their technology.

The Enclave is kind of silly as well. The Enclave moved West before the war. If the Congress survived the war, they probably wouldn't have called themselves "The Enclave", since the The Enclave was basically the executive branch that abandoned them to be killed by the bombs. It'd be like the Cinncinnati Bengals renaming themselves Cinncinnati Steelers.

I just kind of wish Bethesda had gone their own creative route with Fallout 3 as opposed to taking everything that existed on the West Coast and put them on the East Coast. There's a lot of room for creativity there, I just wish they'd attempted to use their brains to come up with something new as opposed to making excuses for why the East Coast looks like the West Coast with monuments.

Monolith

Prophet
Saint_Proverbius said:
There's a lot of room for creativity there, I just wish they'd attempted to use their brains to come up with something new....
If they could use their brains and come up with something new they wouldn't have needed the Fallout license in the first place.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
Is anybody going by anything but forum chatter about the BoS and Supermutant stuff?

While you can say that the explanation is flimsy, at least the game explains why BoS are super good wasteland knights, and why Supermutants are out east. At least they addressed it.

Now, was it weak to put the same stuff in? Maybe. I think certain people here would be just as annoyed if they were left out because "we don't have any of the same factions/enemies, the game should have more similarities!", and it would probably be the same people complaining that the BoS and Supermutants are in the game now.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"What would be the point? It's better to ignore him and let him work on his NWN mod in peace. (Hey, I think I'm one of the few guys who actually played it, it was pretty fun and closer to completion than to conception so I don't know why Volly seemingly abandoned it.)"

Shhh....

"Still, I'm surprised no one took the time of shoveling out Volourn's vaginal sand tbh."

Don't cry. I don't. Everybody's a critic.

St. Toxic

Arcane
BLOBERT said:
I think certain people here would be just as annoyed if they were left out because "we don't have any of the same factions/enemies, the game should have more similarities!"

The fact that certain people are idiots hardly invalidates any reasonable points made by the rest of the community.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Except the ENTIRE community are idiots. And, yes, this includes me. Afterall, we spend our time arguing about video games and reviews on video agmes. By definition, that makes us idiots.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Good review Zuluf. Keep them coming!

I have to say that computergames.ro is one of the last sites still publishing read-worthy reviews anymore.

tunguska

Liturgist
volourn said:
Betehsda games are crap, and if you like any Betehsda game - espciailly ES ones - you are plain old fashion dumb. And, oh yeah, a fag. A faggoty fag.

I think this may be the first thing Volourn has said that I actually agree with in a long time. Indeed. +1. I think liking TES games, especially the last two, Oblivion and Morrowind, are truly indicators of homosexual tendencies, including a strong desire to slurp on Todd Howard's cock. I'd say that the evidence for this is very strong. Almost indisputable.

Kthan75

Liturgist
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
skuphundaku said:
Good review Zuluf. Keep them coming!

I have to say that computergames.ro is one of the last sites still publishing read-worthy reviews anymore.

Welcome to the codex, skuphundaku! :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom