Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout "The Relentless Champions Of Classic Fallout" - Glittering Gems of Hatred MK2

darthaegis

Cipher
At least we got NV. :M

Cassidy

Arcane
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. will always be a vastly superior Action "RPG" that is better than Fallout 3 in every possible way and definitively will remain vastly superior to Rape Returns: Fallout 4, because if those two pieces of shit are RPGs because Zionmax marketing decided labeling them as such would increase sales and they have some stats which have near zero influence in gameplay to the point wearing special popamole gear can negate them and an inventory system, STALKER totally fits such ridiculously all-encompassing criteria too. Just because GSC Game World felt confident enough to not label STALKER as a RPG so, in addition to shills, they could like Bethesda get away with a completely excremental action game, with such loose and cheap standards by which Fallout 3 is a "RPG" all games of the STALKER trilogy also apply. In fact in certain ways they would be vastly better RPGs than anything Bethesda released since Oblivion. For one there is a dramatically more significant sense of progression and even real Choices and Consequences in Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat and even in Clear Sky, and potato translation remains vastly superior writing than the shit in Oblivion with Guns.

tl;dr STALKER is an infinitely better post-apocalyptic Action RPG than Fallout 3.

Also it makes this site look the most extreme there is, even though RPGCodex is a lot more about blindly hating whatever Beth does when discussing the Fallout franchise.

If anyone thinks these forums are dominant for "Bethesda bashing", I will direct them to the RPGCodex.

Looks like the Kotaku article is too much heat for some of those guys. "No, it's not us, it's those blind haters/bashers at the Codex!"

Someone send a tip to Kotaku for the next article.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Used to lurk on NMA quite some time ago. Pretty sure someone was dissing codex there, so i decided to check what it's all about. Landed on some thread with a resident tranny posting dick pics, never looked back.
It was before my time, but as I recall, it was a NMA-er who created the (obviously temporary) trans subforum for those topics itf because he was sick of them. And... I can't even remember his name. The Vault/Fallout wiki guy. With the glasses. Okay, I looked it up, Ausir.

Go die in a fire. Bethesda outjewed Troika games back then and bid more money on the Fallout license. Without them, the license would have been either dead or in the hands of its creator. Both better options than we have now.

The biggest party to blame is Herve, as always. Troika pitched a Fallout game to Activision who agreed to fund it, they went to Herve, then the French bastard suddenly realized he had an IP people were interested in and thought it'd be a smashing idea to license it to the highest bidder instead.

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
The biggest party to blame is Herve, as always. Troika pitched a Fallout game to Activision who agreed to fund it, they went to Herve, then the French bastard suddenly realized he had an IP people were interested in and thought it'd be a smashing idea to license it to the highest bidder instead.

Damn that's unconventional.

Jigawatt

Arcane
Ah yes, I remember the day after Skyrim's announcement someone flipped the "you may now notice flaws in Oblivion" switch over at Game Journalism HQ. So it goes again, round and round.

Looking forward to the reprinted press release about how Bethesda really listened to feedback from old school fans and are going to integrate it into Fallout 4!

Animal

Savant
Shitposter
It's been taken over by nuFallout fans and converts.

It's like going to a once old school metal joint, that now caters to nuMetal/metal core/whatever.

roshan

Arcane

It's like going to a once old school metal joint, that now caters to nuMetal/metal core/whatever.

Yeah, look at this post by an NMA Administrator:

"I love how everyone's already like "this isn't anything like Fallout!" and "this sucks!" and you haven't even seen any gameplay or anything outside the trailer. But let's be honest though, you probably wouldn't have considered any of that information anyway. Haters gonna hate. I think it looks awesome. The world seems much more varied and alive than 3."

Even the current admins at the site are hardcore Bethestards. What a disgusting cesspool. RPGCodex truly is the last bastion.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
I guess I'm more naive than I thought. I'm legitimately surprised to see that shihonage's response was never approved. It wasn't abusive or even aggressive at all, it simply expanded upon and defended a line that the article's writer had quoted for the purpose of throwaway snark. Pretty cowardly behaviour.

Ninjerk

Arcane

Yeah, look at this post by an NMA Administrator:

"I love how everyone's already like "this isn't anything like Fallout!" and "this sucks!" and you haven't even seen any gameplay or anything outside the trailer. But let's be honest though, you probably wouldn't have considered any of that information anyway. Haters gonna hate. I think it looks awesome. The world seems much more varied and alive than 3."

Even the current admins at the site are hardcore Bethestards. What a disgusting cesspool. RPGCodex truly is the last bastion.
Someone post that Nazi rifleman smiley looking sideways at his computer

Bigg Boss

Arcane
What pisses me off is there was no good reason for them to remove shihonage's comment. Others in the comments were talking all kinds of shit, but one person who actually made sense was completely disregarded.

Zetor

Arcane
I thought the most ~legit~ Fallout group was the Unwashed Village (or something like that)? They even made it into F2 as a rare encounter.

GreyViper

Prophet
Still have my glittering gems of hatred. But time has moved on and so have I. Still lots of fond memories and best place for fallout series mods. I think it was one of AndihairaX trolling sprees at NMA, that first lured me into endless maze that is Codexia.
images

Briosafreak

Augur
He isn't really dead is he? Just dead like I was for months? When I found the eulogies from my "death" it just creeped me out.

And yeah, the Unwashed Villagers were great, but before my time. Now the Atheists for ChrisT from the Interplay Forum wow, they were crazy, they created the Fallout fans mythology. The ChrisT was for Chris Taylor, of course. Killzig is really quiet these days, but seems fine, and that's the most important.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom