Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher 2 sort of confirmed

Tintin

Arbiter
Good to hear. The Witcher was one of the most fun games Ive played in the last few years.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marquess Cornwallis said:
Dagon said:
But seriously, I played Polish version of The Witcher so my experience might have been a little different, but I find the writing to be pretty good.
I have to side with MetalCraze here.
I tried playing a whole chapter (EE) in Polish, then tested some of the same areas in Czech and English before ultimately switching to German (I liked the German voice acting the best). I'm not a native speaker of any of these languages but can understand all of them well enough to believe that the differences between individual versions mostly boil down to style. On the (sadly) numerous occasions where I found the writing to be infantile, bland and/or uninspired, it was equally so for all language versions. The translations do add some extra clumsiness and/or omissions, but the overall impression was pretty much the same.

Sockpuppet

made

Arcane
All jokes asides, I think TW was somewhat of a one-hit wonder. It worked for me because it was fresh and exciting, making it easy to gloss over its flaws. I tried to replay it and didn't get past the first chapter before boredom crept in.

I don't think CDP can repeat the success with a sequel because there's no surprises left in the franchise. Although I certainly wouldn't mind to be proven wrong.

Ausir

Arcane
The game was the most popular in the countries were there were already "no susprises left in the franchise", because the books are very popular there already.

Tintin

Arbiter
made said:
All jokes asides, I think TW was somewhat of a one-hit wonder. It worked for me because it was fresh and exciting, making it easy to gloss over its flaws. I tried to replay it and didn't get past the first chapter before boredom crept in.

That's not what one hit wonder means.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom