Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Troika Games no longer exists

MisterVic

Novice
Big thanks for your games, Tim. I hope, you will create interesting and fascinating games further.

Andrej

Liturgist
Damn, Troika's gone... It still makes me sad. Now, I'm curious however, If one finds V:tm Bloodlines in the store today and buys it, does it support the former employes or just the publisher?

Note that I bought the game, I'm just curious as if I should persuade friends to do so, too.

roguefrog

Liturgist
I'm sure Trokia's employees were scattered like cockroaches to light since its closing. Since its now dead, quick someone make a photoshop of a gravestone to make it buried. (or maybe an urn? LOL)

RuySan

Augur
Funny that when Arcanum was released, i didn't thought it was that good...but i wished more games like that were released nowadays. All 3 games from Troika were just one step away of being classics, so it's a shame they've closed.

good luck in the future

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
gravestonetroika6lw.jpg

aboyd

Liturgist
metallix said:
Who is paying for troika's domain?
I put a watcher on the site registration, and I sucked down all the Troika pages. If the domain dies, I would just keep it going. In fact, I'd probably improve it, as I'd have no hangups featuring/hosting all the fan mods.

Of course, the domain won't die. It'll likely sit there, unchanging, for years. Probably only cost them $600 to arrange for it to be maintained for a decade.

-T

Jason

chasing a bee
Wow, you waited over a year just to post those 4 little words. That's like being in prison for a year without butt-raping anyone.

bryce777

Erudite
MisterVic said:
Big thanks for your games, Tim. I hope, you will create interesting and fascinating games further.

COming soon...an xbox exclusive!

The larger picture seems to be that pc games are dead, and nonpc games still suck just as bad. In fact they seem to suck worse but suck in a flashier sort of way.

Surlent

Liturgist
Best of luck in future Tim and happy Christmas. Arcanum is still hawt after all these years.

Delirious Nomad

Scholar
hey Tim, I want a new game from you. It doesn't matter how long it is going to take, but you simply have to make at least one more as the lead designer.

Calis

Pensionado
aboyd said:
I put a watcher on the site registration, and I sucked down all the Troika pages. If the domain dies, I would just keep it going. In fact, I'd probably improve it, as I'd have no hangups featuring/hosting all the fan mods.

Of course, the domain won't die. It'll likely sit there, unchanging, for years. Probably only cost them $600 to arrange for it to be maintained for a decade.

-T
You should contact Steve Moret and ask him for the domain, so that DarkUnderlord can move the Troikapedia there.

Dagon

Scholar
Yes , Tim please find some company to hire you, in which you will be able to lead design some freakin cool Post Nuclear games!

Risine

Liturgist
I just hope the whole team will start all other again despite what happened to Troika. Thanks for all, specifically for Arcanum, we'll miss this kind of games.

Section8

Cipher
Dear Troika Folk,

So long, and thanks for all the <s>fish</s> jaunty hats, top games, and ballsy approach to an industry headed in questionable directions.

Hope you all had a merry [insert religious holiday here].

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom