Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which Ultima to try?

NoisyKillerHPB

Scholar
People are always going on about Ultima and it seems like there are at least 20 different ones so which ones do you guys recommend and why?

FrancoTAU

Cipher
if you're too lazy to click on those threads than play 6 than 7. If the old DOS interface bothers you than play the 5 remake that is fully patched as of a couple days ago and is free if you own Dungeon Siege.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
If you just play 6 and 7, you're missing out on a bunch of cool stuff and you don't get to see the series evolve (and if you play after 7, then you get to watch it retrogress into nothingness) and see all the characters throughout the different time periods and so on and so forth.

If you want to play Ultima right and the way Lord British would want you to, then play 4 first, then 5, then 6, and then top it all off with 7 Parts 1 and 2 (and their respective add-ons)

FrancoTAU

Cipher
I'm with ya brother, i'm just not sure recommending a newbie towards CGA graphics is going to be fruitful.

DarkPhantom

Novice
FrancoTAU said:
I'm with ya brother, i'm just not sure recommending a newbie towards CGA graphics is going to be fruitful.

Well, he/she did ask for an Ultima game and, unless you'd recommend Ascension, you're going to suggest a game that has "shitty" graphics in today's standards.

Fintilgin

Educated
Plus you have to play the two Ultima Underworlds because they transcend awesome.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Okay, i give. Original poster guy... start with 4 and work your way up like a real man. Be sure to play the Ultima Underworlds as well for some first person goodness.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom